Chapter Thirteen

Hearing that Ji-won had asked for me, made my heart race faster than the speed of light. For some reason, it felt special to me to know that Ji-won wanted me. I rushed passed Hoseok and Jimin, trying to quickly get to Ji-won's side, as fast as I could. I had, practically, sprinted to the back of the room with a smile on my face. Tripping over wires and toes, I found myself scuffling into the hospital bed. 

"Ow!" Ji-won cried in heavy pain.

I had accidentally fell into the bed, causing it to rock which made his arm hit against his wound. Though I didn't verbally apologize, I'm sure it showed on my face when he looked me in the eyes. Ji-won smiled when he saw my face, which made my heart flutter with joy. Ji-won's eyes were glossy and full of life, though his body showed the opposite. He looked a bit pale, was sweating and was obviously weak. I couldn't stop myself from looking down at his wound, as The Surgeon began to change the bandage. The rage that I felt, equivalent to when I was beating Zion earlier, started to resurface. The image of Zion sticking the knife into Ji-won's side, flashed in front of my eyes over and over again. 

"Don't stress it, man," Ji-won said, "Doc says that I will heal fine. Hey guess what though? We're basically twins, ha! Our stab wounds are on opposite sides but, it's still funny, right?"

I clinched my fists, tighter than tight, as I continued to stare at the stitched up wound. Hoseok chuckled along with Ji-won and then, they began trying to make light of a horrible situation. I didn't find anything, they were saying, to be funny.

"JungKook?" Jimin called, "JungKook..."

I sighed heavily, "I'm fine, Jimin."

"Just take it easy." Ji-won said.

He rested a hand onto one of my tight fists, with a very light touch. I could, instantly, feel the anger fade away as if his touch was sucking it away. Becoming relaxed, my tone had completely changed in an obvious manner.

"You okay, JungKook?" Hoseok asked, "We can step outside for a few minutes. Can you handle this?"

I nodded, "I'm...I'm just fine. Seeing Ji-won's smile makes me feel that everything will be okay soon."

"Good. I'm surprised you are handling this so well," Hoseok praised.

Catching a glance of Jimin's expression, I could see that he was becoming jealous. His face was turning red while he tried to look away from us without making it obvious. Trying not to draw attention to him, I focused my attention back on Ji-won, who was still staring at me with a small grin on his face.

"When can he leave?" Hoseok asked The Surgeon.

The Surgeon replied, "Tomorrow. He needs more rest and shouldn't be moved too much, since the stitches are still fresh."

I nodded. Ji-won removed his hand from mine, after The Surgeon finished replacing the bandage, and he placed it back onto his wound. The Surgeon fluffed Ji-won's pillow a bit so that he was a bit more comfortable. He then, covered him with a thin blanket and began gathering things.

"I'll give you boys some time alone," The Surgeon excused himself.

The four of us remained silent as The Surgeon exited the area with swift steps. We didn't want to discuss our business with him in the room, just to be safe. Jimin stepped back, to get a better view of The Surgeon. Once the coast was clear, with a assurance of the door closing, Jimin nodded for us to began talking.

"What's the next move?" Ji-won asked, "Have you already talked to the guy?"

I confirmed, "Yea. It turns out that a former member, Zion, was the one giving you those messages."