First Kiss

Ren's eyes went to Enoch and Olive, who smiled at her. "I'm glad you're staying, Ren," Olive said, letting go of Enoch's hand to hug her best friend. "Congratulations, Olive," Ren whispered. Olive pulled back with a confused look on her face. "Enoch," Ren explained. Olive shook her head, confusing Ren. She didn't get a chance to ask though. They had to get back to the ship.

"Are you alright, Ren?" Millard asked. "Ask me again when you put some clothes on," came the playful retort, making everyone laugh. Once aboard the ship, Ren went exploring. She wanted to give Emma some time alone to handle leaving Jake and she wanted to give Enoch and Olive some time alone. It kind of hurt a little. She wanted Enoch and Olive to be happy, but she couldn't deny that she loved Enoch.

When she was strapped to that chair, Ren's mind kept wandering back to Enoch. His beautiful eyes, his curly hair, that voice, the deep feeling he held in his soul. The little moments they'd had together that showed his softer side. She loved him, but she wanted him to be happy. And she wanted Olive to be happy. That was the most important thing. So, she'd let the two be. She wasn't sure she could be around them at the same time anyway.

"Ren?" Ren turned her head to see Olive standing there with a soft smile. "H-Hey, Olive. Why aren't you with Enoch?" Olive took Ren's hands in her black gloved ones. "Ren, it's not what you think." Ren cocked her head in confusion. "Enoch and I. We aren't...together." Ren started to stutter. She was shocked. She had been so certain that the two were finally happy. "What?"

"How can we be when he loves someone else?" Olive asked. When Ren looked even more confused, Olive laughed sadly. "You, Ren. Enoch loves you." The color drained from her face. That wasn't what she wanted to hear. Not from Olive. "Olive, I-" Olive gave Ren's hands a squeeze and cut her off. "It's okay. You're my best friend. Enoch is different when he's around you. He is kinder. More open. He loves you and I can tell that you love him."

"I do. I tried not to because I know how you feel about him." It was a relief to say it out loud. Olive hummed. "Actually, I've been thinking about it. I think I was holding onto something because it was my normal. I think it was just easy for me to give my heart to someone who I knew didn't love me. It was easier not to get hurt." Ren hugged Olive. "I'm so sorry, Olive." Olive shrugged. "It's alright. Now that we're living in the real 1943 again, maybe I can meet some new."

Ren giggled. "Maybe. Who knows, maybe you've already met him. Maybe he'd aboard this boat." Olive arched a red brow. "Like who?" "Millard, maybe?" The two young ladies burst out laughing. When they finished, Olive let Ren go. "Now, you need to go tell Enoch how you feel." Ren's eyes widened. It was one thing to admit it to herself and to Olive. It was another thing completely to tell Enoch. "Go on, Ren." Olive gently pushed Ren in the direction Enoch was.

Ren saw Enoch a moment later. He was leaning on the railing of ship, looking out on the passing waves. She made her way over to him on shaking legs. She had no idea how to do this. Step after shaky step, Ren walked over to where Enoch was standing. "Enoch?" The dark haired boy turned to her and beamed. "Ren."

"Olive told me something and I need to know if it's true." His brow rose. "She told you that I love you," he said and you nodded. "Would it bother you if I said it was true?" he asked. Ren's gaze snapped up to him. "W-What?" Enoch pushed off the railing and took a step closer to her. He brought his hand up and gently gripped her chin between his thumb and index finger.

Ren's heart threatened to beat out of her chest as he brought his face closer to hers. His lips ghosted over hers, waiting for her to show signs of retreat. When she didn't he pressed his lips firmly to hers. It was different than she expected. It was gentle and sweet, everything Ren had ever wanted in a first kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck and his moved to rest on her waist. She could feel his hands shaking.

"There are children present!" Millard's voice came seemingly out of nowhere."MILLARD! GO PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!" Ren and Enoch both yelled before meeting each other's gaze again. "That was my first kiss," Ren admitted shyly and Enoch blushed. "Mine too." Ren giggled and smirked."Well, maybe we need some more practice." Enoch laughed. A genuine laugh that was so beautiful. "I think I like the sound of that. Come on."