Chapter 4

Emma's POV:

The night finally came. The night of the party. I decided not to dress up but just go casual basically. I put on my floral crop top with my high waisted blue jean shorts and paired them my black converse. I texted the girls that I'm ready and to come to my house so we can all walk together. Matt's house isn't too far so thats why we are walking.

When we got to Matt's house I was really nervous that I would run into Hayes. My thoughts were interrupted my Matt's voice.

"Waddup chickas!?!?! Come on in!"

We all went in and as I suspested I lost them in the crowd.

"AUTUMN? CHLOE? MACK?!"

I tried to yell over the music but it was no use. As I was walking I ran into somebody.

"Oh sorry!" I said not knowing who it was.

"It's fine." The figure said

The figure turned his head so I could see his face perfectly. It was Hayes.

He looked as if he was about to say something but was interrupted my Jordan's voice over a microphone.

"Hello everybody! I have a little announcement just before we turn the music back on. Is Emma Jones here with us tonight?"

When my name was called everybody looked and moved out of the way so Jordan could see my clearly.

"Oh there you are! We have a litte surprise for you! But before the surprise... question: cherry or grape?"

Before I could answer I felt something cold getting poured over my head. I was just drenched with Icee.

And I was completely shocked that I just stood there.

"Now she really does look like a pig!" I heard someone say

Everyone started laughing. But for some reason Hayes looked as if he was also shocked. I wonder why? As I stood there, I felt arms pick me up and it was Bailey dragging me out the front door. When we got to the front door I felt the warm tears fall down my face. I ran to my house and heard my name being called but I just ignited it. When I got home I ran to my room and locked the door. How could I be so stupid that they actually wanted me at the party? I thought. Then for the rest of the night I cried silently until I felt my eyelids grow heavy and sleep eventually took over me.