Chapter 34 🔽

"Cy-CYNTHIA!!" She shouted.

I paid her no mind and continued to march my way up those steps. We both knew well enough that  this arguement was far from over. I didn't want the kids to see nor hear this so I chose to evaluate from thier area.

Our room was sound proof but that didn't stopped Aaliyah a year back from barging in our room, almost catching us in the act. I attempted to slam the door but Erica caught it by her foot.

"So what now you gone run off again?" She bitterly chuckled.

I bit hard on my bottom lip, trying so hard to not let devilish words escape my mouth. I grabbed a few of her clothes and extra blankets for her to sleep on. She was so into giving me a "piece of her mind" that she didn't care to noticed.

"Babe." She sighed. "The only reason I didn't tell you was because it'll stress you out and the doc said to no-

"So secretly planning to kill my mother was to not keep my stress." I looked back at her.

"Ye- of course not." She ushered out. " but the things she did, could've took a big toll on you."

"So to solve the solution, you kill her!" I shouted.

"Hmm .. same way you did Eddie, Joe hell I wouldn't be surprised if you killed my late sister!"

"So now this my fault!?"

"Partially yeah! Don't you see the pattern Erica! Anybody that gets in your way, you off them off"

"See thats where you wrong." She stepped closer to me.

"All those bitches got nothing to we me but with YOU! I eliminate the problem so there's no need for you to find a solution! .. quiet the nice trigger of loyalty."

"And so far what have that ever gotten you!"

She shook her head then took a few steps back, away from. " Obvouisly alot, you're still here aren't cha"

We stared at each other, surroundingthe room woth pure silence. Hard to admit, but she was right. I never agreed to how she handled things but the things she did, kept me out of danger .. magority.

I just couldn't wrap my finger around the fact that she's willing kill MY MOTHER over a small minor. I'm sure whatever my mothet did wasn't much destruction. She's all bark no bite. I may can't stand her but I'm not all willingly to sacrifice my mother over love. No matter how much she rips up my skin, I love her... only if Erica can see that.

"Erica, I want my mother to live."

".. after all she's done .."

"Yes."

It took a long moment for her to respond. She paced back and fourth, glancing at me every now and again. After a wow, she stopped and laced her eyes with mines.

"Fine." She finally said. "If thats what you want, then its settled."

"G-good."

Erica walked over to me with a goofy grin, staring deeply into my eyes. She grabbed both of my hands then intertwined them together with hers. Kissing my cheek, she whispered something that had me wondering throughout the night.