August 18, 2015

I glanced back at my peach-rimmed clock on the wall. It was almost 2:30 PM. He said that he'll pick me up at 3:00.

I stuck bobby pins on my messy updo to complete my look. I took a deep breath and released a heavy sigh facing the mirror. I can feel my heart pumping. I knew was nervous to see him again.

I wasn't that same girl anymore, who's just completely comfortable to be with him. I don't know, but I just can't explain what I was feeling.

A knock on my front door suddenly woke me from my thinking. I turned my head to where the sound was coming from. A last glance at the mirror, then I walked towards the front door to open it. My ex-lover's face welcomed me.

He escorted me towards his car that was parked in front of my apartment building. Then he opened the car door for me to get in.

When we arrived at the movie theater, he was the one who bought us the tickets. He also ordered popcorn for the both of us to enjoy while watching.

As expected, the movie room was dark and I can hardly see anything. He held my hand to lead me. I was surprised, of course, but kept silent. We sat down at the middle of the fifth row of chairs.

We laughed along with the movie, since it was a comedic genre. But the thing that bothered me the whole time was his hand. It was still holding onto mine. He didn't let go.