July 18, 2015

I organized my thoughts to where I first saw you. I just can't seem to remember.

No, the first time wasn't at the wedding nor the store. I could have sworn I have seen you before all those encounters.

I leveled my head to the water level of the bathtub. Just between my eyes and the rest of my bottom half was submerged in the water. A bubble appeared due to the sigh I released.

I dried myself up and went to my closet. I chose the little black dress that I love to wear, especially in nights that are starry. I put on make up to finish everything up.

The doorbell rang and I went downstairs to open it. Then, my ex-lover was the one who I saw from my front door.

He gave me a warm smile and then asked me if I was ready for our dinner. I replied yes. He then escorted me to his car.

The ride was quiet. All I did was smile as he gave short glimpses at me while he was driving. We arrived at a restaurant and ate dinner.

Two hours had past, we finished eating our courses. We laughed together as we talk about our lives, our jobs and some embarrassing moments.

I enjoyed his company. Everything went well and he drove me home. I thanked him for the lovely meal. As I was about to open the door, he kissed my left cheek. I froze.