Odom's gone

No one seemed to notice the sun was setting for the day as everyone were busying working tirelessly at The Palm inc.
Since Edward Howard became the CEO of the multinational company, the employees working shift had been increased from 7 hours to 9 hours.
He had inherited the company from his late father, Howard who died in a mystic jet crash.
As his only child, he inherited every property his father owned except the 39% ownership of the company which was in his mother's name, lady Maria.
It took years before Maria had given off the shares to her son. They were at loggerheads because of his wife, Vera.

Vera was an American from Ohio. Born into a family of three and the only daughter, she inherited her mother's cosmetic line 'sophiesticated' named after her mother, Sophie.
Edward was a Nigerian from Lagos and his mother didn't see it right that he married a white as she felt they were rude and arrogant.
'You can't marry a white Ed, she'll disrespect me!' Maria would yell severally at Edward while Howard would give her a stern look which indicated that was enough.
Howard on the other hand had supported the Union.
They both met some 28 years ago when they attended a seminar at Capetown, south Africa.
After they wedded, Vera took in and bore their first son, Odom.
A couple of years later, they had a set of twins, Nelly and Nora.
Nelly, the older and Nora, the eldest.

*******
Edward walked through the alley of the sixth floor of the building heading for the communication center to address the staff there, he came across a piece of paper on the deck which contained sensitive information.
'Beverly!' He barked before Beverly hurried down.
'Get me who's supposed to handle this' he said handing over the document to her.
Beverly, a 23 year old graduate of business management was Edward's personal assistant who got the job via Nora, who happened to be her classmate at elementary school before they parted ways at high school.
She was dark, tall and spoke clean English which anyone would admire.
She knew whosoever was to handle that document is about to get fired.
Edward had zero chill at work. He wasted no time in stacking lazy and inconsistent staff. Sometimes, he would slash their wages if they performed poorly.
Beverly did not want to report to Edward with hopes that he might forget about the document incident unless he sends for her.

*******
The working hours had finally reached. Many rushed through the wide exit to get home.
Edward walked down to his matte black. He had no drivers, he feared having one, after his colleague was kidnapped via the help of his driver.
He resented to driving himself. After all, his sight was still good even at 55.
While he tucked himself into his seat, Vera sent a message.

'Get home soon, Odom wants to leave. He's really behaving awkward' -Vera
Edward's mind at this time became unstable, he wondered what mustt have triggered his move.
Odom,24 was an already established obstetrician. He had earlier declined his father's request to introduce him into the board of directors.

Please kindly vote on this chapter.
Thank you💗