The Visit🙊

The early morning birds singing was the only thing that infuriated Nelly this morning.

Thursday
7:00am

Nelly woke up from bed. She stared into the mirror and saw how shabby she looked. 'Ugh, I better clean up for the day' she grumbled before leaving for the kitchen where she got her favorite Mac and cheese with a bottle of soda.

Today, she was scheduled to meet Maria at he mansion (The Howard's residence)

Whatever Maria had for her. She hadn't known. And besides that, she was her only family member she could really confide in, not even her parent had won her trust.

Nora had been snoozing her alarm since 6:45am she had set it.

Now, it was 7:55am and she was struggling to locate the alarm by the bed side while still lying on her bed.

She fell at last from the bed releasing a yawn.
She really needed much sleep, especially after sleeping late yesternight.

Despite that, she stood up, brushed, showered and left for Beverly's place.
Beverly was her childhood best friend since their elementary school days. Nelly would always advise her against being friends with Beverly since she came from a poor family background, but she decided to keep up with the friendship.

Beverly had thought their friendship crumbled when Nora left for England to continue with her high school. But that wasn't it, when she came back, she contacted Beverly again, but this time around, things went from bad to worse for her.

Her parents died of choking after the fumes from their generator was trapped in their one-room apartment. She was left to cater for herself and her younger sister, Rhoda.

Beverly had come to her rescue after telling her story to her dad.
Edward employed her as his personal assistant on clerical matters. The job had eased the burden on her so much.

******

Nelly had finished eating her Mac and cheese, she dumped the plate in the shank and called out one of the maids to wash it up and clean up the crumbs she left on the table.

She quickly moved up to her room to take a shower then go to see Lady Maria.

-The Howard's residence

Designed by Roman expatriates, Lady Maria had assisted late Howard Billy build this mansion after tying the knots with him.

She was far richer than him after accumulating so much wealth from her ex-husband who was a senator back then.

The mansion had a courtyard, several pools, decorated with well-trimmed hedges and some scattered sculptures.

Nelly arrived there at 8:25am.
'You'll kindly wait for her at the reception, she's attending to the first lady of the state' one of Maria's aide said to Nelly who requested to see her.

'That's okay, I'll wait' she replied before taking the back of the mansion to get in through the kitchen.

Nearly 2 hours had passed since Nelly had been waiting, she finally gave Maria sent message to inform her she was present.