The letter

The oak mansion

Edward arrived less than 30 minutes since receiving the message.
Vera stood by the French door in front of the mansion. Dressed in a red lacy gown and soaked it tears.
'What did he say is his problem?' Edward asked unremorseful. He felt Odom was grown up enough to take care of himself, and moving out of the family home he felt was a step to actualizing that.
'He said he doesn't want anything doing with the family again' Vera stammered
There was now a twist in Edward's facial expression 'with the family?' He murmured
'Yes , that's what he said, Nora and Nelly pleaded with him,but he didn't heed to the pleas'
Edward hugged his wife firmly, kissed her and murmured into her ears 'everything will be just fine I promise' before leaving for the bedroom
*****
Nelly and Nora sat in the sitting room trying to contact Odom but his line was now unavailable.
'Eheh' Edward coughed drawing their attention. 'I know what happened already' he added silencing his daughters from raising the topic again. 'Odom is grown up enough to live his personal life, soon each of you will be married' he added while his daughters hugged him.
Nelly and Nora were 22years old. Both had jet-black hair and beautiful, but one would notice Nelly, the older was more beautiful than Nora.

Edward walked down to his closet and put his hand into his favorite coat breast pocket. It was what he normally did when he finished work.

He had his nutrient additive kept there which he usually took after work.

He felt something he normally didn't feel whenever he placed his hands in the pocket. Slowly, he pulled out what his hand held.
It was an envelope, it looked new. He hastily broke its seal to reveal its content.

'after discovering some dark things about you and the company, I've decided to distance myself from you and your company.
Goodluck father.
-Odom'

Edward stood startled as he held the letter in his left hand.

Please kindly vote on this chapter.
Thank you💗