Chapter Four

I ignore my feelings about how he might act, and what reputation he has, and I drive.

After about twenty minutes of driving, I turn on my Mariana's Trench cd.

The song I switched it to was Celebrity Status. It was a super good song.

I hummed to the instrumentals, and sang the rest.

After a bit of the song, I change the cd to my Paramore one. I hear my phone singing and buzzing along to "Misery Business" like a happy little kid when it hears its favorite song.

I pick up my phone to hear Dallon's voice. I awkwardly clear my throat as he begins to talk.

"Hey, Isabelle. Are you almost ready for us to get to know each other?" He asked, obviously smirking through the phone.

I sighed and replied with "My friends call me Isa. And I'm as ready as ready gets."

"Well, hopefully soon, we will be more than friends. And we could meet early to pack in more alone time?" He said.

"Dallon, if you don't stop being seductive, they're won't be a 'we'. I'm tired of you calling me babe, and I'm sick of you making dirty jokes, and I'm done with the 'more than friends' thing. I'm done." I say, in a harsh tone.

The line goes silent for a second then he finally responds with "Well, I'm sorry, Isabelle, but have you ever heard of love at first sight?"

"Yes, I've heard of it. Yes, I've fallen in love. No, I don't think you have." I say, spitting the words out like I never have before.

"I don't think you can make that assumption until you get to know me." He said, calmly, which was surprising.

"You can't fall in love by looking at me. Get to know me. Its a process. And, I have an education to maintain, so I don't need love in my life." I say, after calming down.

"I'm going to hang up now. I'm sorry about making you have an outrage, but I'm hoping you will accept my flowers at your door tonight." He said, as the line went dead.

I sighed noisily and threw my phone into the passenger seat. I hit my hand on the steering wheel, luckily at a red light.

Why did he have to start drama already? I have known him for like two days.

I forget about that, and turn the radio up, humming along.

All of a sudden, a car rams in front of me, followed by another pushing it.

The cars collide as they both flip and roll. I step on my brake as hard as a girl my size could. My stuff goes flying from the back, but that's the least of my worries.

I wasn't hurt, but I made the 911 call.

I waited for a pickup.

...

"911, what's your emergency?"

"On the interstate, there is a terrible wreck in front of me. They flipped and rolled, and there is nobody moving in either of them." I say, biting my nails, as anyone who had to watch that would.

"We will have our first responders out any moment. Keep watch for people."

The line drops, and I'm left looking at two half-sized cars crumpled on the side of the interstate.

I shed a tear, even with the fact I didn't know the people who were in those vehicles.

Why did God let this happen?

I listen to my phone ring for a second, and I see Dallon's name.

"I can't talk" was the only thing that came out before I hung up, and apparently some sirens caught the microphone.

I blinked slowly and breathed like I was deprived of air for the time of the wreck.

Soon, the ambulance came, and took a familiar young man, a young girl in a car seat, and a man most likely in his fifties.

I sat there in my car, watching the ambulance drive off. While everyone else proceeded with their lives, I sat there on the side of the interstate, crying about what I just saw.

Traumatized, I soon started my car back up, and pulled behind a black Honda.

Too scared to go on with things, I followed far behind the ambulance to the hospital a few miles away.

The drive honestly took about 17 minutes, but it felt like an hour and a half.

I pulled up to the parking lot, and followed the arrows to the nearest entrance.

I walked to the front desk, and asked if I could see the young man just brought in.

"What's the young man's name?"

"Travis." I reply, confident in the answer, as what I saw looked like a Travis.

She smiled and told me the room number.

I walked down the empty halls, and found room number 215. I knocked on the door.

"Come in." I heard, from the inside.

I walked in, and faced a confused look from a guy about my age, laying on a gurney.

He had caramel-colored hair, that was obviously amazing before the wreck, but fallen down a bit afterwards.

He had a pair of big, black glasses that looked somewhat like what I wore on lazy days at home.

I smiled, and looked into his luxurious brown eyes.

"I wad behind you." I stated, while sitting on a chair.

He looked at me with another confused look.

"I watched your car flip. Its a wonder you're still alive, honestly." I said, stating the truth.

He half-smiled, and opened his mouth.

"What's your name?" I asked, hoping he would say Travis.

He smiled and responded with "Caleb. What's your name?"

I smiled widely, thinking the nurse just let me have a free pass.

"Isabelle, but my friends call me Isa." I said, politely.

"That's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." He said with a smile.

(Author's note: I'm sorry about this. After a special someone comes into the story, you will understand. I will explain in some chapter after this. :))