Chapter Five

I blushed and smiled, turning my face to hide the blush.

For the first time in my life, I felt like someone actually thought I was beautiful.

"You're not too bad yourself." I say, smiling.

"So. Since you just watched me almost die, how about you tell me about yourself?" He said, smiling, and turning his head towards me.

"Well, I'm 19. I'm a senior for a month-and-a-half more. I did my tips purple last month. I like rock music. I have glasses like yours at home. Umm, that's about all. Tell me about Caleb." I say, moving my hair a little.

"Well, I'm 19, too. I graduated last year. I also like rock music. I made this my hairstyle a month ago, and I'd like to keep it. I have glasses like mine right there." He says, smiling.

"What about your home life?" He asks.

"Well, it's just my mom and I. My dad walked out 15 years ago. I have a few half-siblings, but I've never met them." I say, not affected by not knowing my dad.

"I'm so sorry." He said, as he reached out to grab my hand. "My mom died 15 years ago. My step-mom died two years ago. My dad left me with my half-sister last year."

I shot him a look that said "I'm sorry" without having to say a word.

He nodded and half-smiled.

I looked at the clock, seeing it was 5:30, and I should be leaving, but I wanted to stay so badly.

I stood up and he sent me a frown. "Why are you standing?" He asked.

"I have to go, Caleb. Do you want my address and number?" I ask, smiling.

He nods, and I grab a piece of paper, writing my information on it, handing it to him. He smiles and looks at the paper.

"Can you pass me my phone?" He asks, pointing to a 'belongings' bag.

I smile, and pull his phone out, putting it ever-so-softly in his hand.

He then enters the number and my name, and we say our goodbyes as I walk out of his room, and out of the whole place.

Realizing that it's 5:39, I get into my car, put my seatbelt on, and ease out of the parking lot back onto the interstate.

Driving at a normal speed, I make it to my house at 6:02.

I walk inside, greeted by a note. 'I left to go see my high school friends. Will be back in two days. Love you. -Mom'

So, I get the house alone for the weekend. Party? Nahh. Loud music? Yeah!

I sit down, looking at the clock. 6:13pm. I have precisely 47 minutes.

I pick myself up from the couch, and walk to my mirror, looking at the reflection.

I fix my makeup a little, and add some extra twirls to my curls.

I hear a knock at the door that confuses me.

I turn my body to the door and open it.

"Hey. I came early. I hope that's okay." I heard, in Dallon's voice.

I smile, and throw out the offer for him to come in.

He smiles and nods, giving me a dozen daisies in my hand.

I smile, and walk into the other room to find a vase.

I find a pretty blue and purple ombre vase, and I put the daisies in it, so the color pops.

I walk back into the living room, carrying the daisies, and put them on the mantle.

"So, what are we going to do tonight?" I ask, sitting down.

"I was just going to ask you what you wanted to do." He said, smiling, and facing me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Give me options!"

"Well, we could have dinner, or a movie, or bowling, we could go skating, we could go to an arcade, or we could just go out for a long drive one some side roads." He said.

I shrugged my shoulders again.

"How about we have dinner, that's a given. Then, you pick. Bowling, skating, movies, arcade, driving."

I smiled and said, "Dinner, laser tag."

He smiled and nodded, and we dashed off to his car, and quickly pulled out of the driveway.