Chapter Sixteen

The next day, I woke up in my own bed, and remembered nothing of the previous day.

I looked over to see my phone lit up.

I sigh, and see who it's from.

Brendon.

I smile, and sit up, clicking on the text, and entering my password.

'You kinda fell asleep on me, so I made Becca show me to your house. That's why you are no longer in Vegas. By the way, you're cute when you're asleep. :) and, sorry to text this late on a school day.'

I look in the top corner of my phone to see that it's 11:03.

I pick myself up, and go into the bathroom to take a shower.

...

When I was done, I went inside of my closet, and picked out a pair of mixed blue and white jeans, and my new Mariana's Trench tee shirt.

I blow-dry my hair, and brush it, until it looks okay.

'Hey, where are you? :)' I send to Brendon, and one of his quick responses comes.

'I'm currently at Starbucks. Are you at school?'

'Nahh, I woke up late. I will meet you there in ten?' I text, smiling.

'Yes!' He replies, simply.

I get my keys from a hook by my bedroom door, and I walk in the living room.

"Hey mom, I'm way late, so I'm going to Starbucks to meet up with Brendon." I say, trying to walk out.

"Brendon?" She asks.

"Yesterday, you were dating Dallon. Isabelle, this is out of control. Pick either Caleb, Dallon, or Brendon." She says, harshly.

"I pick Brendon." I say, walking out the door, and getting in my car as soon as I can.

I put my seatbelt on, and step on the brake. I put the car in reverse, and slowly back out of the driveway.

After about five minutes, I pull up to the parking lot of Starbucks.

When I walk in, Anthony gives me a questioning look.

"Girl, you're not working today. But you so could take my shift." He says.

"Nahh, I'm here with him." I reply.

"What happened to-" I cut him off.

"Anthony, let's have a chat." I say, climbing over the counter.

"Dallon is no longer my friend. He made a huge mistake, and Brendon and I are now slightly more than friends." I say, as he nods and clicks his teeth.

"Got it." He replies, as I walk back over to Brendon.

"Sorry." I say, as Brendon shakes his head.

"So. This is the first actual alone time we have." He says.

"And seeing who my friends are, probably the last." I reply, as he chuckles.

"This stage is really awkward. Almost dating." He says.

"Give it two dates, and we can be dating. For now, we are talking." I say giving him a pass or fail look.

"Can one of those dates be at my house, and one at your house? I really like old-fashioned house dates." He says.

"But I can't cook, so at my house, it will probably be, me showing you how many instruments I can play, and trying to win you by that." He comments.

"Sure." I say, smiling.

He nods, and interlocks our fingers on both hands.

"You're hands are like the perfect fit for mine. It's weird, but true." He said.

"I feel the same way." I say, simply.

"Nice shirt." He says, smiling.

"Nice tattoo." I say, pointing to his Frank Sinatra.

"You have an amazing tattoo, also." He replies, smirking.