Chapter Six

The way to dinner was full of laughter, and song flowing from both of our mouths.

About 15 minutes into the drive, we pulled up to a restaurant that looked overly-fancy.

I was DEFINITELY not dressed for this fancy of a restaurant.

When we stepped out of the car, I looked up to see a sign that read 'Gibraltar'. I had no clue what that meant, but it sounded fancy.

When we walked inside, we were greeted by two french looking men opening the two doors for Dallon and I.

We said our 'thank you's, and walked inside, smiling.

We could smell the decadent aroma of the finely-cooked seafood burst into the air.

After waiting in line for about four minutes, Dallon said the reservation name, and a slim lady led us through to the back of the restaurant.

We sat a small, round table that was the perfect size for two.

After a few minutes, a waitress came to our table and asked on drinks. We both asked for water, so it got to us quickly.

When the waitress came back, and asked about meals, I ordered something with lobster, that I couldn't pronounce, but looked delicious.

For the 45 minutes we waited, Dallon and I talked about why I was at the hospital today.

"So, that really happened? You watched a guy your age nearly die?" He asked.

"Yeah. And, an older guy died. The guy's sister is paralyzed. Miraculously, the boy is fine. I was thinking at least a snapped neck, but no." I said, sipping at my water.

He exhaled and shook his head. "That's crazy." He said, putting his water down. "I thought something happened to you. I got scared."

I rolled my eyes, but smiled at the same time. He laughed a bit, but I just waited on the food.

When the meals finally made their way to our table, they were still steaming, and we were instructed not to touch the plates.

We nodded, and took our first bites. Whatever this was, it was delicious.

We finished our meals, with small talk between bites, and paid.

By that time, it was 8:43pm, and we were lucky the laser tag zone was open until midnight.

When we pulled into the laser zone, we quickly hopped out of the car, and dashed towards the entrance.

I ran inside and was greeted by a big, muscular guy with a deep voice telling me not to run.

I nodded and turned away to hide the giggles, because he half-way scared me.

I walked farther inside, and Dallon followed behind.

When we got in line for laser tag, the previous game was just ending, so we had perfect timing.

We walked in the dark room, and watched a video on safety and how to correctly put your vest on.

When we split into teams, I made sure Dallon was on my team so if my team lost, he couldn't rub anything in my face.

We walked around our side for a second, determining hiding spots, and seeking out enemies on our territory.

Finally, we walked to the other side, and shot a few people.

Every once in a while, we got lucky, and someone would have a broken gun, and one of us could shoot them, and the other be a guard.

When it was over, it was about 9:32, and we decided it was time to drive back to my house and hang out a little longer.

We drove for about 20 minutes, and arrived in my driveway.

When we walked up to the door, I got my key out and unlocked the door, not even surprised to see that the television was still on.

We walked through the entry, and into the living room, sitting on the couch.

"This was really fun. We should do it again soon." I heard from Dallon.

"Definitely." I reply, with a smile.