Chapter Eight

"Seriously? What the heck? He's my friend. He is a guy, and so are you." I say, rolling my eyes.

I start to walk back inside, and he grips my arm super, super tight.

"If you know what's good for you both, you'll tell him to leave." He spat out.

"I guess I don't know what's good for either of us." I say, pulling away, and walking inside.

When I got inside, Dallon came in too.

"Hey, Isa, what's that on your arm? It looks kind of like a hand print." Caleb says.

I glare at Dallon. "Yeah, my friend came over earlier and slapped me. It was a game." I say.

"As long as you're okay." He said, smiling.

Dallon glared back the whole time.

When Caleb finished eating, he gazed at me as if he were in a museum, and I was the centerpiece.

"Something you looking at?" I ask, giggling.

"Nah. You're just gorgeous." He said.

"Stop. Right. Freaking. Now." Dallon said standing up, and leaning over the table to grab the collar of Caleb's shirt.

"Dallon! What are you doing?! We are FRIENDS. Dallon and Isabelle are FRIENDS. Caleb and Isabelle are FRIENDS." I say, standing up too.

He let go of Caleb's collar.

"WE AREN'T JUST FRIENDS." He said, louder than I thought he could speak.

"Yes. We are. We got to know each other yesterday, and it was fun, but if you want to act like this, you can get out." I say, not even scared of what he might do.

"I won't get out-"

"Get out of my house before I call the cops, Dallon." I say, firmly.

Before I knew it, his hand was on my cheek, and I was falling down.

"Isa!" I heard Caleb say, before everything went black.

...

When I woke up, Caleb was pacing around the room.

When he turned over and looked at me, he smiled, and bent down to me.

"Isa, I'm sorry, I didn't want to let that happen to you." He said, obviously sincerely.

I blinked slowly and exhaled loudly.

"He hit me?" I asked.

He sighed and nodded.

"And you..?" I said.

"I'm sorry. I-"

"You stayed." I said, trying to sit up.

He smiled and nodded, helping me up.