five

[Running Low]
Chapter five;

I throw on my olive green t-shirt dress and begin searching through all my jewelry to find what I want to pair my dress with. I turn to Cam and hold up two necklaces.
"The choker or the gold chain?" I question her.
"Both," she says coming near me.
"Wh-" I begin to reply with but soon both necklaces are neatly hanging around my neck. "That looks good Cam, thanks," I thank her with a smile.
"That's what comes with having a best friend in the fashion field," she smirks and I hit her softly with a chuckle. I shake my head and begin to add my gold hoops and rings.
"What shoes are you wearing?" I turn to her.
"My black booties," she replies holding them next to her. The black being a complimentary color to her navy blue fit and flare dress. With the gold buckles matching her paired jewelry.
"Wear your knee high boots," she suggested. I nod my head and walk over to my wardrobe, leaning over to grab my boots. I walk over to my bed and sit down, pulling on each boot, standing up and Cams eyes grow wide.
"Damn, slay queen," she comments.
"But look at you!" I say as she spins around flipping her curled hair. I laugh and soon we hear a knock come from our door.
"Come in!" I say and the door opens.
"Aw look at my beautiful sister, and her roommate," Cameron awes.
"Thanks bro," I reply smiling. I slide on my jean jacket, pulling my straightened hair out and grabbed my wallet as does Cam. Cameron puts out both arms, while Cam and I wrap our arms around his.

•••

"Skinny cocktail please," I ask the bartender, as he nods his head and begins to work on my drink.
"Aren't you just a little to young for a drink?" I hear a husky voice appear next to me. His brown hair messily made up, his navy blue suit and patterned dress shirt flat, and the glimmering silver watch laid nicely on his wrist.
"Yes," I shy away a bit, "but underaged gets one drink here," I tell him and his white smile appears.
"Ah, might have to get one then," he laughs slightly.
"Beer," he orders as the bartender places my drink on the counter. I take a sip and squint my eyes slightly.
"First time?" He questions.
"Not exactly, but I guess," I reply taking another sip.
"Thanks," Shawn nods his head at the man.
"Who you here with at this beautiful party?" He asks with a slight smirk.
"Brother and roommate. And you?"
"No one. But you could be my someone," he tries on me. I laugh a little and tuck a piece of hair behind my right ear and speak up.
"Wanna dance?" I ask. He nods and takes my hand bringing us to the dance floor.
"I'm not much of a dancer," he says over the loud music.
"I guess you'll have to learn," I say as I begin to dance around him.

•••

"Cam didn't you read the sign!" I yell at her causing her to wince.
"I wa-anted to have a little f-fun," she slurs.
"This is college. Come on Cam," I try to reason to her. She bumps into a wall and I hear someone's footsteps come down the hall.
"Here, Let me help," I hear and turn to see who it is.
"Thanks Cammy," I say and he picks up the drunken state Cam. He shakes his head as him and I laugh.

———————
Haha you guys thought it was gunna be shawn😂

Follow. Comment. Rate
Xoxo Brianna