eleven

[Running Low]
Chapter eleven;

I begin to stir in the recliner I laid in the previous night, disturbed by my phone singing. I mentally groan while rolling over to see who texted me. I squint my eyes due to the brightness of my phone.

Moon
Good morning sleeping beauty

It's been awhile

Moon
It has hasn't it?

Yeah.. how are you?

Moon
Im well. You?

I've been better

Moon
Why is that?

My brother got
into an accident

Moon
Oh gosh. I'm sorry Stars

Thanks Moon

Before I am able to see what he types next I realize Shawn is missing. I stand up from the chair and place my phone in my yesterdays jeans while stretching, noticing I have a kink in my neck.
"Ow."
I walk over to my brother and see his is already up. I sit down on his bed and place my hand on his leg.
"Good morning Jay," he smiles.
"Good morning. Did they give you some pills or something?" I ask laughing a bit.
"No. Why?" He chuckles.
"You just seem way to happy in a hospital," I smile.
"Eh, gotta get over it some time," he says. I nod my head in agreement.
"Hey, do you know where Shawn is?" I ask Cameron.
"I have n– he told me he was going to get food not to long ago," he says.
"Okay," I simply respond. I pull my phone out and see he responded.

Moon
I hope he is doing well:)

Not the smiley faces again
And yes he is
Very happy for someone
in the hospital haha

Moon
Well that's good right?

Right lol

I hear footsteps and see that Shawn has made a reappearance.
"Hey," I softly say.
"Hey," he replies coming over to me and placing a hand on my back. "How you doing?"
"I'm doing okay," I say honestly while looking at Cameron while he scrolls through his phone.

•••

"Jayde!" I hear as I rip one of my headphones out.
"Yeah?" I shout back.
"The door. Go and get it. I'm not presentable," she explains and I sigh. I take my other headphone out and get up from my bed. I walk over to m dorm door and unlock it, revealing who was behind it.
"Shawn. Hey," I smile and soon frown at his expression. "What's wrong?" I ask reaching out and putting a hand on his arm.
"Uh, could I come in for a few?" He asks and I nod my head. We both walk over to the little couch we have in our dorm and sit down.
"So wh-" I get interrupted by Cam.
"We ne- oh sorry. I'm going to go shop a bit for here. Be back later," she says to me as she grabs her phone and wallet. I say bye to her and turn myself to face Shawn.
"So what's up?" I ask him.
"I am leaving... for a bit," he informs me.
"Where?" I ask curiously.
"Not really suppose to say, I'm sorry but if I don't text you it's because of service, okay?" He says with guilt built in his eyes.
"How come you can't tell me?" I ask him.
"Because honestly I don't even know where I'm going myself," he chuckles slightly.
"Oh okay," I laugh a bit too. "Do you want to stay a bit? Movies and snacks," I ask him.
"Sure why not," he smiles.

—————————
Sorry so sorry it's short.

Follow. Comment. Rate

Xoxo Brianna