Six

AVERY

9:27 am – 9:33 am

I left the administrative office and quietly made my way towards the biology room where Natalie was. Surprisingly, the hallways were clear. I looked around and didn't see any living soul lingering or walking outside the rooms. It was quiet too; there were no gunshots, no screaming or even police sirens, only my heart frantically beating against my chest. The silence was deafening, it was like a force bearing down on me with every step I took to reach my sister. The quietness made everything harder and even more terrifying. After what it felt like forever, I reached the door that was only several steps away from the corner I came from. I took a deep breath and pressed my ear against the wooden surface, hoping to hear any sign of life from inside the room. My heart skipped a beat when I heard indistinct muttering. And though I knew there was a chance it could be one of the shooters, I still decided to open it in hopes of saving my sister. I placed the master code on the biometrics box and pushed the door open.

"Ahhh!" the people inside screamed. I closed the door quickly and turned around, only to see various horrified faces looking at me. I was taken aback by their reaction; it just made this whole ordeal even more surreal. We were afraid, traumatized and uncertain of what was going to come next. A school shooting was never supposed to happen in a small town like Sta. Monica, things like this was never meant to take place in a safe and peaceful community. But it did, and it shook us right to our bones.

"Where's Natalie?" I asked them. The group at the corner opened up and Natalie came forward. My heart broke when I saw her shaking and crying. I immediately rushed towards my sister and gave her a tight hug.

"Are they still outside?" she asked.

"Yes ... but I don't know where they are. The police are already outside the school forming a plan to get in. I need to get you to safety before things get worse." I responded even though I didn't know how we would exactly be able to do that.

"Ave? Elliot's one of them." Natalie uttered and I felt like everything went into slow motion. Fear crept up my body; I looked at my sister with wide eyes and asked if she was 100% percent sure that Elliott was a shooter as well.

"Yes," she answered with a grim expression on her face.

"Then we really have to get out of here."

--

KIM

9:27 am – 9:34 am

"Yes, I'm still inside the school ... my friends are still in the school ... I can hear the police sirens going on and off. What the hell is going on?" I asked the 911 agent on the phone.

"They're forming a plan. They're going to storm the place any moment now, Kim. I advise you to stay where you are and wait for safety to come. The police officers will save you."

"I'm sorry ... I can't stay where I am. I have to help my friends, tell the freaking police to work a plan faster." I responded and ended the call. After tucking the phone inside my phone, I emerged once more from the table I was hiding from. Though the administrative office became a total crime scene, I knew there was still something in there that I can use to help my friends. And so I looked around, it took me a couple of minutes to realize that I could be their eyes. Once I did, I searched for the computer where I can access the CCTV cameras set all over school. After typing a couple of codes I learned from the AV club, I was able to see the hallways and the outside grounds straight from the computer screen. The policemen were indeed right outside the school forming groups and giving directions on which way they can enter. I scanned the other cameras but didn't see any of my friends, except for James and Nadine who were sitting on the floor talking to each other.