Chapter 1

"Are you sure you have everything?"

I roll my eyes. "Yes mother. I have everything and if anything happens a dragon will come for me."

Well not just any dragon, my dragon- Star. She's black with white spots all over her.

"Have fun!" My mom yells behind me.

✴✴✴

Can I come meet them yet? Star asks.

Not yet.

My ability is to talk to animals. And I've met the dragons. They are awesome.

I got my ability earlier than most people usually do, there's twenty of us kids so far. Well in this state.

I originally came from Macomb, Illinois. When we get our powers, we are sent to a camp. No one has ever found it though because its hidden in the forest. Kinda like the smurfs, you know the hidden portal thing in the forest except only we can get in and out.

So I'm here. I'm the new one. "That explains why I didn't recognize you. I'm Jane." She held out her hand and I shook it.

"I'm Raela, and I'm assuming your ability is telepath?"

She smiled and nodded. "Yeah no one talks about me. What's your ability?"

"Its hard to explain." I smiled.

"You look a little young to be a teenager. How old are you?"

And here comes the shocking part. "I'm 12, you?"

"Your only 12?" Another voice boomed behind me.

I turned around. "Why is that so surprising?"

"Honey." He started. "Everyone here is at least 14. Your the youngest. So what's your ability?"

"What's your name?"

"Oh I'm sorry. Please excuse my manners, miss. I'm Cameron, the oldest out of the kids. Now your ability?"

"I speak to animals."

He burst out laughing. "Dude that's not an ability. Unless you can speak to dragons or something. But they don't exist so."

I took a step closer to him. "Say they don't exist again and I will let them rip off your head."

"Raela, dragons don't exist. Unless you have some sort of proof then you can't walk around like you know everything about them." Says Jane.

"So you don't believe either? Let me guess. I'm the only here who believes in dragons?" They nodded. "You guys just wait. I'll prove it. Is there an area big enough for about 20 buses?"

They looked confused. "No, but i think-" Her sentence was cut off by an alarm. People started running around and yelling attack.

Cameron grabbed my hand. "Follow me!" He yelled. He started zigzagging through the crowd. He entered a building full of weapons. He grabbed a sword and shoved it in my hands. "Hold this."

"I don't know how to use a sword though!"

"No shit, that's why I said hold it."

I rolled my eyes. "What's going on?" I said as I looked out the window.

"We're under attack." He glanced at me. "Stay here."

I stood up."No way! I could kill half these guys with one move. "

He glanced out the window. "Fine, but stay by me."

"I need your help though." He looked at me confused. "You need to get all of them to come to me it won't work as well with them spread out."

He nodded and we ran into the middle of it all. "Ready?" He asked.

Star?

We're getting ready.

Good.

I stood in the middle of it all and got prepared. "Get ready to meet the dragons."

They looked at me confused then glanced up. 20 dragons were up ahead. One dived down, Star, and I jumped on her.

"That's the slowest its ever taken you guys. See all those humans there? And all the weird creatures ? We need to take out the weird creatures."

The dragons swooped down and grabbed the creatures with their feet.

Jump off now

Why?

I have to go, but I'll visit you later.

Ok

I jumped off and landed on my feet. I ran back over to Jane and Cameron. "Well? Believe me now?"

"That was fucking amazing!" Exclaimed Cameron and Jane at the same time.

I looked at Cameron. "And you were going to make me stay in that room."

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah. But now everyone's staring at you." I glanced around and yep he was right.

"All right people! Back to work!" He yelled. Then he looked at me and Jane. "Jane, take Rae to her room."