Chapter 2

I followed Jane to my room. "That was fast." Exclaimed Jane.

"What do you mean?"

"He already gave you a nickname. He usually only does that to people he likes, or knows really well. And don't worry, he doesn't like you in that way. Your not 'his type' as he says."

"His ability is pretty cool. Changing form into other things. He could change into a dragon if he wanted."

"That would be kinda creepy. Anyways I have a question about earlier. You jumped on one, why?"

"Oh you mean Star? She's my dragon. We bonded. She's how I met them."

She nodded. "She's coming over later of you want to meet her."

"Sure, that'd be great." She tried to say it on a calm voice but I could tell she was excited, but she tried to hide it. I raised my eyebrow at her. "Oh, who am I kidding, I am siked!"

"Hey, are you the new girl? I'm Harley." She held out her hand and I shook it.

"Raela, or as Cameron says Rae." I smiled.

"He already gave you a nickname? That's fast." "How old are you? You look like your 12."

I nodded. "Let me guess your gonna say, I'm 15 Years old, and that I'm the youngest here. Yeah yeah I've heard it all before."

She looked at me then laughed. "No, silly. I was gonna say that illusion you did was cool. How'd you pull it off? Are you magic or something?"

"It wasn't an illusion. And no, I'm not magic, I'm something else. I can communicate with animals."

"Oh. I can electrocute people."

"Cool." Then a shadow appeared over head. Star.

Harley looked up at her. "Is that..."

I nodded. "Yes."

"She's beautiful." She says still looking up in awe.

I grab her arm. "Come on." We run over to where Star landed.

"Star this is Harley. Harley this is Star."

Harley looks up again. "Who's that?" She says pointing to another dragon.

"I think he likes you. At least that's what he told me. Go over to him." I give her a little shove and she walks over to him. "He's bonding with you. Congrats. You can ride him now if you want, and you'll be able to speak to him in your head."

"Are you serious?"

I nod. "Do you want some help getting on?"

She nodded and I helped her on him, then I get on Star.

"Ready?"

"Yes." I pat Star's side and we go up into the air.

"You want to see something cool?"

She looked at me. "What?"

"Watch me." I stood up on my dragon and jumped onto hers. "Other people who have dragons can't do this unless they have my ability."

"Can I stand up?" I nod, and she stands up. "This is fun!." A bell sounds off. "That's the dinner bell we have to go."

She sits back down and I jump back on Star. They bring us back to the ground. I turn to Harley. "What's his name?"

"He said his name is Chase, 'cause he likes to chase people."

I smiled. "We should go now."

She nods and we go to the dinner hall.