5. Only If You Ask.

I kept feeling eyes on me but every time I looked around for whoever it is, I never catch them. "Zella are you okay? You've been off since the incident with the mark." Hermione whispered to me. Ron was eating and Harry was deep in thought.

I wish I could tell them. The dreams are real. He's coming back. I don't know how or when but he's coming back. I forced a smile. "I'm fine. Thanks. I need to use with restroom." I said standing and rushing off to the restroom.

"Hey Zella!" I turned to see Draco. We were alone which made me tense slightly. Maybe some part of that sweet boy was still in there, deep deep down. "Yes?" I resounded. "How are you?" He asked. Why does he care?

"Fine. Draco-" I started to excuse myself but he cut me off.  "I've heard the whispers. Is it true?" He asked in a whisper. "What have you heard?" I asked knowing from his low voice it was about my father. "My father says Peter warned him of HIS return. That they've even got someone in the school to make sure their plans work." He whispered.

My eyes widened. "Are you going to become a death eater?" I asked. He tensed. He didn't answer. "We should get back. Someone will notice us gone." He changed the subject. He turned to leave. "Wait." I grabbed his hand and he tensed and turned to me.

I let go and hugged him. He tensed but after a moment he hugged back. "You're still a good guy Draco. You don't have to do what they want you to if you don't want. Thank you for telling me what you've heard." I said into his ear as we held eachother.

"I can't do what you did Aria." He whispered. My name. My real name. It sounded so foreign. "We can help you, but only if you ask." I said not wanting to pressure him. He's got enough of that at home. We let each other go. "Wait five minutes then you return. I don't want to return together." He said but it didn't sound mean.

He left.

💀💀💀

I've eaten very little. Who's their inside man here? How did they get in? So many questions, and no answers. "Your attention please! I would like to say a few words." Dumbledore said standing. All eyes fell on him.

"Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks." He warned us. "Wicked." I heard the twins say in sync. I smiled.

"For this reason the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mister Bartimus Crouch." Dumbledore said and suddenly thunder roars overhead, rain begins leaking through the roof and screams break out. What the-

A strange man stands in the doorway, he casts some magic upwards and seals the roof. I reconized him. "Bloody hell, it's Mad-Eye Moody." Ron announced. I nodded. "Alastor Moody? The aura?" Hermione asked.
"He was a catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are full thanks to him. He's supposed to be mad as a hatter though these days." I added.

He enters the room and begins walking. He limps, breathing heavily as he goes. "My dear old friend, thanks for coming." Dumbledore said friendly. "That stupid roof." Mad-Eye said back. Mad-Eye takes a drink of something.

"What's that he's drinking do you suppose?" Pupil asked as I thought the question. "I don't know but I don't think it's Pumpkin Juice." Harry said sounding slightly suspicious. I agree. Is he the inside man? I shook the thought away. He's locked up so many bad wizards, he can't be with my father now.  

Barty stood now. "After much deliberation the ministry has concluded that for their own safety no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the tri-wizard tournament. This decision is final." He rushed out.

A bunch of people began booing clearly not liking the rule. George began yelling, "That's rubbish! You don't know what you're doing!" More boos and yelling of disapproval. "Silence!" Dumbledore shouted. We fell silent.

He then casts magic over a box which melds into a goblet containing a blue flame. A few gasps escaped. "The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly, if choosen there's no turning back. As from this moment the tri-wizard tournament has begun."

He warned one final time. "Now off to your dorm rooms. Classes begin in the morning." Dumbledore ordered firmly. People began getting up and splitting up.

Hermione and I were walking down our hall after saying goodnight to the boys. "You know we're friends don't you Zella?" She asked braking the silence. "Of course." I said without hesitation. "What's bothering you so much?" She asked not hitting around the bush.

"Hermione, it's just family issues." I didn't fully lie. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked. The story I told everyone was that my parents were muggles and always away on trips and I spend most my time alone. "No. Thank you though Herminoe. I'd be so lost without you." I said smiling. She nodded and we hooked arms.

"By the way I saw Draco starting at you back there before you went to the restroom?" Hermione questioned. "Maybe he heard me call him an idiot earlier." I said quickly, not wanting to let her think we're together or anything. Then what she said sat in.

It was Draco who was staring at me?