Of pride and honor (2)

"How disappointing..."

Beerus, still hovering, looked on everyone onboard with disdain. His attendant Whis joined up sometime later with his finished sample-platter.

"I thought I told you that if I didn't get to face that original Super Saiyan God, I would dispose of this entire planet, right? Well, so far you all have failed to produce it, so guess what."

That purple Ki ball once again materialized, and this time it was allowed to grow to gigantic proportions. The expressions of most people on Bulma's newfound cruise-liner were either of abject despair, dawning disbelief, or wholehearted resignation.

"It appears this is the end line of your history..."

The suspense was almost tangible.

In the Ki ball's glow, not even Bana dared anymore to suggest that he be allowed to try having a go. Instead, he closed his eyes and began to cry like the child he is--to Trunks' further shock.

...Even Bana still has something to fear, huh... Well, not that I don't feel like crying, myself--but this just looks so... unreal...

By now, only Yamcha, Krillin, Chiaotzu, and Bana's family are left technically un-acquaintanced with Beerus' raw powers--but now that they've seen how effortlessly he took down multiple opponents at once, plus another fully-powered one, the rest uniformly opted to stay away and conserve their respective strength... and now face this indelible threat.

"Any last words, Earthlings..?"

"Stop right there!"

All heads turned, looking up. They found Goku, at long last, standing on the ship's highest point. He immediately started for Beerus; not to fight, but converse.

"Lord Beerus, you desire for the presence of Super Saiyan God, right?"

"And make a worthy duel with him, yes--you fought with me back there, and it's proven you are not that Super Saiyan God. Don't try to allay me in this."

The size of the Ki ball had not yet decreased.

"Oh, perhaps not; but if you wish, we could summon him here for you."

"And how exactly are you going to do that?"

"By using the Dragon Balls--they're not food, but ones that could be used to bring forth the dragon Shenron. We can request him to deliver the Super Saiyan God here."

"Well, well, I do happen to know that long-tailed beast too. Alright, if this is how you may summon him, do so right away--and better not disappoint me this time!"

The Ki ball was thus left to vaporize on its own. Beerus then went to a beach-chair and reclined--waiting.

***

"Ha ha ha~ oh my, Bana, didn't think I'd get'cha actually crying... Shoulda borrowed my mom's camera..."

"...Pretend you never saw that, will you." Saui's sole child was blushing deeply.

"Like heck! O ho ho, and I've always imagined your strength to be above my level, yet you dared not advance. There you were, sniveling instead of--"

"Close your mouth, Trunks! Would it have made any difference if I had advanced? At that, you did not do so alone, did'cha?"

"Eh, well... but I advanced anyway!"

"Only to cringe at being hit on the arm a few times? Meh. I didn't advance because my mom said not to... That's why I cried, see?!"

"Aw, come on... shoulda just dash up there and show what you got."

"Yeah, and take Mom's full fury after that? Nah, I'll pass."

"...So, you're not gonna disobey her, are ya?"

"Just no. Make an end of it."

"Not gonna force it then. Just happy to see you still around."

"Same here."

"Daww, but still, not gonna regret it if I could just get a snap of your cute teary face~"

"Cousin, you really are so..!"

"Call it a day, you two," Piccolo approached and tapped each of their shoulders. "From what I knew of the gossips around, Bana's mother did have Vegeta actually bow before her--quite some feat. Snubbing someone like that might not at all be a decent idea, Trunks--shoulda known better."

"Eh?! His mom did... to my dad?!"

"That's what I tried to pass on, dummy... And thank you for pointing that out, Namekian, sir."

"Oh, call me Piccolo, young one. Pleased to meet ya. Now hurry and get your butts moving!"

This banter was amidst the general recovery attempts of everyone onboard whilst Goku brought himself to the task of gathering the Dragon Balls to aid in the summoning of Shenron.

***

"Somehow our sons are growing closer together, don't you think, Bulma?"

"Guess so, Saui. Same case with Goten, it appears. Only natural for Saiyans to want to get to know each other, if you ask me. Anyway... why did you not allow any of your family members to try confronting Beerus back then?"

Saui smirked.

"Oh, there's a thing called 'strategic reserve', dear. Both have trained, I admit--but Seika's power level is way lower than Vegeta's, and you've seen what became of him. Moreover, given his new job, I don't think my husband'll have too much chance to display that kind of martial prowess."

"And Bana? Haven't known for sure yet, but it does seem like he'll stand up fairly well to Trunks."

"To Trunks, yes--but to one such as Beerus? Let's just say I was being a good mother."

"Got a strong point there... for some reason I'm still in doubt about this Fusion thing. Tends to make situations more chaotic than they were."

"I see..."

"I'm sure Chi-chi would agree too. You see, when the kids come in as Gotenks, all he would seem to think would just be how to bring down the enemy--putting almost everything else aside; their own well-being included. Just... reckless."

"...Well! I guess there's a good side in my Bana's not having found any suitable Fusion partners so far..."

Just as they finished, Goku returned.

"Okay, people! Seems like we're good to go now."

***

Some suspense, was it not? That, I believe, might also be your first time seeing Bana actually crying :D
Who do you feel would become a most proper Fusion partner with that kid?