1 month later

1 month later*
Alex:
I rolled over in the bed. Rickey snoring next to me. He should be out for a while. He loaded himself with Xanax earlier and smoked two bowls of weed. After that. He was out like warm milk.
I took a deep breath and climbed out of the bed. Creeping out into the night. I walked into the living room. Kurt was out like a light in the futon.
"Kurt!" I whisper yelled "Kurt! Wake the fuck up!"
Kurt jumped. I slapped my hand over his mouth.
"Ssh! It's me! Alex!" I whispered "I need your phone."
Kurt handed me his phone and a pack of cigarettes and lighter.
"Don't let Rickey catch you." Kurt whispered rolling over going back to sleep.
I crept outside into the porch, lighting up a cigarette. I unlocked the phone dialing in Emerson's number. I had been doing this for weeks now.
It rang before Emerson picked up.
"Hey Alex. What's up?" Emerson asked sleepily
It was almost two AM.
I took a deep breath.
"Still not talking to Remington?" Emerson asked
I sighed.
Emerson scoffed "Intelligent conversion."
"He doesn't want to talk to me Emerson." I say taking a drag on my cigarette
Emerson sighed.
"Can you at least meet up with me tomorrow? We'll get ice cream or something."
I sighed. Debating.
"I mean- I suppose-"
"But Rickey won't let you-" Emerson scoffed
"Rickey doesn't own me!" I snap "You know what? Never mind. I'll fucking be there!"
I ended the call, slamming the phone down. That's when it hit me.
Shit.
Emerson knew I'd get mad and prove him wrong. He's planning something and I just feed into it.
"Why to go Alex..." I muttered taking a drag

...

After smoking about seven cigarettes, I made my way back inside. I didn't want to get back in bed with Rickey so I just laid down on the kitchen bench. I started thinking. I knew what Emerson was planning. He was going to force me to talk to Remington. I knew that. But I looked like a mess. I looked like I did before. I looked like a druggie.
Remington's druggie ex girlfriend.