027; Lost

I was slowly falling unconscious but Rick didn't know that as he took my body into his arms. He lifted me like I was nothing.

Carl and Michonne went ahead, murdering the walkers who were trying to get close, they were careful not to miss a stroke because of the way the tears filled their eyes. 

"Is she dead?" Heath asked, watching the people running desperately to the infirmary. 

"Aaron, get the light," Denise said, he said sure. "Tobin, the tray." Everyone obeyed. Aaron opened the door to the infirmary, and the group entered quickly. Rick set me down on the cold iron table. My eyes had completely shut by now but I could still hear things around me.

"Michonne, take her by the shoulder. Carl, pass me the tongs." Someone ordered.

"Get out of it..." Rick whispered. It was so quiet that nobody heard it. I only heard it because his head was resting on the table, right next to my body.

>> I love you, Rick <<

(This is 3rd person so you know what's happening)

Denise stood with a pair of scissors, cutting the woman's clothing. Leaving her torso naked in plain sight. Carl looked down, and checked that none of the men other than his father were looking at her.

"I think she broke her arm," Michonne informed her.

"I can't take an x-ray," the doctor replied agitatedly.

"Why not? Do it! A bone is broken!" Carl protested.

"The product prevents me!" She exclaimed.

"Product? What the fuck are you talking about, Denise? Just do it!" He screamed again.

"I can't x-ray her with her pregnancy!" She confessed. Everyone was stunned. 

"Pregnancy?" Rick managed to say.

"Yes, pregnancy! Did they not know? Well, she didn't even know." She finished, and went on with her work. 

Rick ran his hand over his face, again and again. He could lose his wife and child.

He didn't think twice. He took the doorknob and opened it. He ignored the echoes in his head, which were the cries of Carl and Michonne warning him not to.

He took his machete, and burst the heads of all the approaching walkers. 

"Don't! Stop!" Cried Carl, who had followed his father in his madness to all the Alexandrians who had come out to help. Suddenly, a suffocating fire settled in the lake of the place. Calling the attention of the walkers. 

Rick's legs ran alone to the infirmary, once there were no more walkers in front of him.

He stepped into the infirmary, and saw Denise come out of a room, more than pale, and her hands painted red. She tried to say something but she knew if she would, a sob would escape.

"I did what I could," she started. "The ribs stopped the impact, and fortunately the bullet didn't touch any of the major blood vessels. It's your turn to convince her to stay." Without further ado, she left the infirmary.

Rick entered the room, and as soon as he saw her on the infirmary bed, his heart was drawn. She was bare of torso, with a simple bandage covering her breasts. He slowly walked toward her, dragging a chair to the bed and sat down.

He took her hand. It was freezing, like the rest of her body. He refused to lose the love of his life, or his child. 

"I know you can hear me, and I know you can get out of this, you always do, save yourself. Do it for me, for you, for Carl, and for him, or her..." His hand went to Lea's stomach, marking the white sheets. "Please."

Crying caught him out completely, and he let go, feeling lost.