9. English

I try not to stare at Blue. She likes him. I don't know how my chest became so full. I don't know what is constantly stuck in my throat. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.

I found out yesterday after English and it had been following me ever since. You know you shouldn't stare at Blue, I told myself, you know you shouldn't make her feel uncomfortable with these feelings. You know you should be happy! And I know, I know, I know.

But my eyes only leave her when Greyson comes in. I'm choking but the only thing stuck in my throat are the words I'm afraid I might spit out.

"Hey, Blue," he says with his even voice creating odd rhythms inside my chest. He smiles casually at me and suddenly my blood has stopped functioning and breathing seems impossible.
I think I said hi back or maybe I smiled. I could have even waved. I don't exactly know what I did next. I just remember what he did.

He beamed at Blue when he heard her say his name and nearly stumbled when she lightly patted his arm. I remember the way they blushed at each other and were so happy to be with each other.
I remember the way I thought Greyson was so focused on Mr Maroon that he didn't even ask me what the task was. I soon realised it was not because of Mr Maroon but because he was actually focused on thinking of ways to ask Blue out.