4. English

Sometimes I wonder about what was going to happen when I told Forest about Violet. Would he still be there for me? Would he still listen to all my problems?

Sitting in my seat, I watched as Forest nervously walked up to Violet. When she saw him, she looked up with her bright, glimmering eyes, a smile more sincere than anything I could master. She was a very sweet girl.

Then I saw her freeze, somehow noticing her heart skipping a beat, a face I'd recognise from experience.

My gaze drifted back to him. It always did. The way he laughed. The way he smiled. The way he would adjust his height so Blue could rest her head against his shoulder. I always remembered. Blue's boyfriend.

'Fern?' My head snapped back to see Forest. I ignored his concerned face and wiggled my eyebrows.

'Am I getting £5?' His frown turned upside down and a mimicking grin grew on my own face. 'Congratulations! You should go tell all your other friends now before I do!'

He nodded and thanked me to then run out of the room. I watched him go happily, more sure than anything that something amazing had just begun. And I stayed standing in my spot, wondering once again. What happens to me now?

When the room was empty and I was left surrounded by empty seats on empty chairs, I felt suffocated. What do I have left? I don't know. So I left quietly.