Chapter 5

I walked in the school gate keeping me head down. I knew people were looking at me I could feel it. So one bumped into my making me drip my books I bent down to pick them up ad fast as possible and keep walking but the sleeves on my jumper went up exposing the bandages. I must has been to slow to pull ny jumper down because the next thing I know Miss Blackly was telling the boy to leave and helping me pick my books. I got up and started to walk to my locker when I heard "Excuse me, Natalie come with me." I turned not even making eyes contact with her.

We eventually got to her office "would you like a drink?" she asked as I went to sit in a seat. I didn't say anything I just looked at the plaque on the wall behind her desk. "yes? no?" she asked again. I shook my head. " may I please see your wrists?" I shook my head. "If this is why you called me in here, hoping I would show you. your wrong." I said getting defensive. "I just wanted to see if they had been treated properly." She said just trying to be kind. I rolled up my sleeves and undid the bandages. She looked shocked down at my wrist. They were puffy and a bit bloody and swollen. She walked from behind her desk and sat really close next to me. I started to explain everything and she understood. I missed 3 classes so I could just sit there and talk to her. "Instead of going home tonight, would you like to come to my house?"