Chapter 13 : The Second Dimension

"Guys!" Roger called as he and Lightson entered Chase' ward, "I can't believe you pick this place for a secret meeting." 

Donnter shrugged, "Where else can I pick?" 

Lightson hopped onto the bed, sitting side by side beside Kenneth, "So...?  Are we here to discuss the wedding gifts?" 

"You've heard?" Jane asked surprisingly, "They kept us in the dark for almost two months.  Or should I say more than a year?  We've just heard it yesterday." 

"News does travel fast." Whales yawned, half lying on the sofa bed with his legs on Donnter's laps. 

"Fetcher and Susanna are serious?" Kenneth raised an eyebrow, "I thought he was in love with Chase." 

"It's Buchanan not Susanna." Jane sighed as Roger pulled over a chair to sit beside her.  He chuckled. 

Lightson turned to look at Chase, "Well...look at her now.  She looks dead.  Can't really blame Fetch when the person he used to be in love with turns out to become a living corpse.  That's real hygienic." 

"Okay, back to our topic." Jane snapped her fingers, "We're talking about Fetch and Buchanan, not Chase." she cleared her throat, "What do you think?" drinking the water which her husband just took out from his messenger bag. 

"I think it's pure shit!" Donnter expressed his thought, not holding back at all.  "Do you guys notice any sign that Fetcher really loves that detective?" Donnter looked at Whales with questioning sight.  He himself saw all the signs.  However, he refused to believe them to be true. 

"Yes." Jane finally spoke, "He looks at her in a way he has never showed to anyone." paused, "Well...maybe at Chase when she wasn't in this bed." 

"Fetcher said they've been living together since February." Donnter murmured. 

"Maybe Fetcher did ask Chase to move in with him but she turned him down." Lightson suggested, "It's not like she would ever want to officially move in with anybody." 

"Maybe." Roger agreed. 

"No.  That's impossible." Whales said. 

Donnter laughed, "Dude, I don't think Chase will ever say yes to that." 

"No.  I'm saying that Chase had no idea that Fetch liked her." Whales explained, "Come on.  She is Chase.  She doesn't get human feelings." he added, "Just like Declan." 

"Excuse me?" Lightson raised an eyebrow at Whales, "We do have human feelings.  In my opinion, Chase knew Fetch had feelings for her.  She just didn't care." 

Whales looked at Lightson, "No.  You don't know anything about human feelings.  Do you know James has a crush on you since forever?" 

"What?" both Lightson and Kenneth yelled at the same time. 

"See?  You don't even realize that even after you get rid of your dark past." 

Lightson slowly, very slowly, turned his head to look at Kenneth, four blue eyes staring contest, "Seriously?" he asked carefully. 

Kenneth laughed, "Man, I don't have a crush on you!  He tricked you." 

"Did he?" Lightson glanced at Whales.  

Whales still had the same face as if he was telling the truth. 

Lightson turned his attention back to Kenneth, "Doesn't seem he's lying to me." 

Kenneth rolled his eyes, "Stop it, Halcyon!" 

"No, stop it, you." Lightson caught Kenneth's shoulders, "If you have a crush on me, just tell me already!  I promise that I won't fire you because of this."