Our Spot

"I remember this place" Zendaya said as Tom took her to the place

It was the rock they carved their names into when they were twelve. They both wanted to have their name on the rock but they both wanted one of their names to be bigger. They finally decided on combing their names and they came up with Tomdaya

"Yeah. This is where we used to come whenever we wanted to be alone"

Tom let go of Zendaya's hand. She didn't realize he was even holding it.

Tom climbed the rock and reached for Zendaya's hand "You ready?"

Zendaya nodded. Tom pulled her up onto the rock. Z looked around. It wasn't too different from the last time she was here. Actually the last time she was here she went home crying.

It was the day she said goodbye to Tom. Except he didn't know it was goodbye.

"Z, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine"

"Ok then"

Zendaya looked towards Tom "So I wanted to you about us...and by us I mean me,you, and Ell"

"What do you mean?"

Zendaya sat down on the rock, Tom followed suit and sat down as well

"I mean us like as a family"

"Oh! Well we already are a family if you think about it"

Zendaya put her head in here hands "What i'm trying to say is I wanna make Ell's childhood amazing. I mean for the most part she didn't even know you existed but now she does...I'm just gonna get to the point here, I want us to have like a family day"

Zendaya looked up to see Tom's reaction. He had a big smile on his face.

"Why were you so nervous to tell me that? Of course I would want us to be a family"

Zendaya smiled at his words. She may have messed up the first chance for them to be a family but now she's getting a second chance and she couldn't be happier.

"Great. That's just great. Thank you, Tom"

"No, thank you"

Silence fell between them but it wasn't awkward silence. It was that comfortable silence that Tom and Z used to have.

Zendaya broke the silence "Did you ever bring anyone else to our spot?"

Zendaya hoped that he didn't. She wouldn't be able to handle if he did.

"No. Like you said, this is our spot. No one knows about this place except us"

Zendaya had to stop herself from smiling. She cleared her throat "Oh"

Tom pulled a cough drop out of his pocket "Do you need a lozenge?"

"Of course you would carry cough drops in your pocket, but no thank you"

Tom put the lozenge back in his pocket. He pulled out his phone "It's getting a little late. We should get back to the hospital to check on Ell"

Zendaya nodded in agreement. Tom got off the rock first so he could help Zendaya get down.

"Tom I think I can get down on my own"

"Z the last time you tried to get down on your own you sprained your ankle" Tom laughed

"Tom that was like years ago"

"Fine, then you can get down on your own"

"I will"

Zendaya started to get off the rock until she slipped. She thought she was going to fall so she closed her eyes.

Tom caught her. Zendaya opened her eyes and looked at him. He looked worried.

"Are you ok?"

Zendaya took a deep breath "Yeah. Thank you"

"No problem"

Zendaya then noticed how close they were. Toms hands were on her hips and she could smell his cologne. He smelled like gardenias for some reason but Z didn't mind.

They stared at each other not sure of what to do. They both found themselves slowly start to lean in then Toms phone went off.

They quickly pulled away, embarrassed. Tom answered his phone while Zendaya waited for him to be done.

"Ok, bye" He said as the phone call ended

"Who was that?" Zendaya asked

Tom looked at her "It was Darnell. He wanted to know where we went"

Zendaya nodded "I'm sorry. That was my fault"

"I'm sorry too. It was just a heat of the moment thing. It will never happen again"

"Let's just go" Zendaya started to walk away back to the car

"Fuck" Tom mumbled

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings fellow humans! Lex here!!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you didn't then tell me why so I can make the next chapter better. 🖖🖖 ✌️💜