Chapter 9

Pain.

Pain is an uncomfortable feeling that tells you something may be wrong. It can be steady, throbbing, stabbing, aching, pinching, or described in many other ways. Sometimes, it's just a nuisance, like a mild headache. Other times it can be debilitating.

Mine is indescribable. I feel like I've been cut deep open and my organs have been replaced with thorns. I'm still on the floor, my body soaked with my sweat & blood.

Slashes across my skin, my breathing can be heard across the room. I'm in a mess. I couldn't call, he's my father, he would be in jail because of me, & if they came? He would have killed me first then himself. I didn't want to die. I don't think I deserve that.

I heard footsteps approaching my room, I didn't dare move I just laid there lifeless. The door to my room opened and I heard someone growl.

"Get up!"

It's him! Help me, God.

"I can-n't" my voice croaked.

He seemed to be eyeing me because I could feel his gaze on my back. He huffed in annoyance and exited my room.

I laid there shaking. School is today. I don't think I can go in this. I can't, it would just raise a lot of questions. He came back an hour later and kept staring at my back. Then I felt him kneel by my side and I was curious to know what he intends doing. He placed his hand at my back inspecting the wounds and when he reached to touch it, I was squirming and wriggling in pain.

"Hold still or I'll leave you to die." He hissed.

I stopped wriggling underneath his touch and felt him clean my wounds. Wait what? He's cleaning my wounds? He's caring for me? When did that start?

It hurts a lot, he damped the wounds with a piece of cloth with water. He cleaned me round dabbing and wiping. Cleaning the blood off me.

"Stand up." He ordered.

I tried and he helped me up. Wow, what has gotten into this heartless man.

I wanted to say it hurts, the way he assisted me to walk crushed my wounds. He leads me to the bathroom and stripped me. I'm naked in front of my dad?! I'm dying of embarrassment!

He put me in the bathtub, Oh no please not a shower! and turned on the water. Ugh!

It was warm but the way it splashed on my wounds were like thorns piercing it further.

He washed the wounds and I winced every now and then earning a spiteful look from him. Geez! I'm allowed to feel pain okay!

He washed it clean cleaning the dried blood from my body. "You look like a mess." He looked at me with disgust. The mess you created you bastard!

He finished cleaning me and he led me to the room placing me on my bed. He took a towel & dabbed me neat. After he applied an antibiotic, a small coating of Neosporin to my wounds using a cotton bud with a Q-tip.

After what seemed like years, years of excruciating pain! He finished and applied the bandage and left me alone in the room again!

Honestly, I felt relieved. The shower, the ointment, everything made me feel relieved. He came half an hour later with

Oh

My

Gawd!

Food?!

He actually brought food for me? Who knew the devil could be nice. He slammed the tray on the bed.

"Eat." He ordered.