Chapter 16

"Hey dad," Kyle said putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Hello, sir." I smiled.

"Oh, this is Lilia?" Kyle's dad asked.

"Yep." Kyle grinned. What's with this boy and smiles tonight.

"Come then, let's go eat." He said leading us to the dining.

The dining was beautiful. It had about six to seven chairs around the table. A chandelier hung at the centre of the room and art paintings decorated the wall. Lovely!

I sat beside Kyle and our food was served to us by Eugenia. The macaroni tasted good and the salad was divine. We continued to eat in silence until it was broken.

"So Lilia, tell me about yourself." Kyle's dad asked taking a spoon of salad in his mouth.

I stared blankly, I didn't know what to say and how to start talking. I looked at Kyle pleadingly to help me but he clutched his hands in mine "It's okay babe." He whispered.

I cleared my throat and began to speak.

"Well my name is Lilia, I'm seventeen, my mom died a few years ago and I live with my dad who is a miner.

"Oh, I'm sorry for your loss."

I smiled.

"And you love my son?" He raised his brows.

"Dad c'mon." Kyle rolled his eyes.

He raised his hands. "No, it's just a question."

"Well uhm yeah," I said smiling.

"I bet you and your dad are really close like you guys have the father-daughter moment." He smiled.

"Uhm yes sir," I lied. Father-daughter moment my ass. My dad is a monster. A weak brainless monster. I feel it's a mistake he gave birth to me. Stupid asshole.

"Well, that's good."

"How's school treating you," He asked.

"Well it's good, some subjects are just challenging."

"Oh like what?"

"Well um maths and history." I shrugged.

"Maths? Kyle can help you with that-"

Kyle cut him off-putting his head in his hands. "No no no dad," He groaned.

"Why, you so good at it."

"He is?" I asked confused.

"Yes! Hell, he's a genius."

Kyle groaned. "Dad it's okay don't say anymore."

"Look, Lilia, Kyle is so good at maths, he does it for fun. He has a board in his room for equations!" Kyle's dad exclaimed.

"Dad I don't have those anymore."

"Liar! I checked your room today and saw it."

"Dad it's fine just drop it."

"So you a geek uhn?" I said with a smirk.

"Shut up Lia, dad drop it."

"Okay but just know you're dating a geek, Lilia." He whispered to me but loud enough for Kyle to hear causing Kyle to look at us like he was about to kill us, especially his dad.

We talked and kept on eating. To be honest Kyle's dad isn't bad. He is funny and polite. Kyle must be lucky.

We finished dinner and I bid goodbye to Kyle's dad and hugged Eugenia. I just love her.