Chapter 13: Begin Again

Puen woke up unusually rested for a guy who spent half of the night at the club. Maybe it was because he didn't drink all that much, or more probably, because of the boy sleeping beside him. During the night the freshman moved slightly away from him, but his warm presence lingered as it seemingly seeped into his bones. Puen softly stroked Than's smooth cheek and tucked him in before slowly getting out of bed.

When he stepped into the kitchen area, he found Kluay with disheveled, crazy bed hair and a cup of what looked like a steaming coffee. He was talking on the phone in hushed tones, but the frown on his face told the volleyball player that something was up. The swimmer noticed Puen, and motioned with his hand that he was welcome to pour himself a hot drink and eat breakfast that was delivered by the hotel service.

Kluay ended the conversation and, with a heavy sigh, sat opposite the other sophomore and took a bite of croissant.

"Let's just fly to Bangkok." He said after he finished chewing with deliberation. "Our Nongs will be too hangover to withstand twelve-hour journey by both ferry and car. I'll have my BMW shipped by air, by which I mean my PA will take care of it."

"Didn't you say it would be risky to fly? Something about his aunt finding out?" Puen asked dubiously.

"That was before she was aware he was gone. Now that the lawyers are involved it's all over." Kluay took a big sip of coffee. "I mean, what is she gonna do? If she says he was kidnapped by us, Achi will deny it and that's that. And she can't exactly confess that she locked him up, but her plans were unsuccessful, can she?"

"I think it might be last night's alcohol talking, but you've got a point." Puen uttered the words like he couldn't believe he was voicing them out loud.

"Don't I always?" The other sophomore raised his eyebrows and added with a grim smile, "besides, there are more pressing matters."

Puen looked at him questioningly.

"P'Nawa has Achi's power of attorney, so the University informed him of his financial status." Kluay explained. "The tuition is covered for the first semester, but dorm fees were being paid monthly, and his aunt says she won't continue doing it starting October."

"Shit." The captain of the volleyball team cursed with feeling. "He has to move out by tomorrow."

"That sums it up. But it wasn't unexpected." Kluay sighed again but then got a wicked glint in his eyes. "Not to worry though, I've got an idea."

"Another one?" Puen queried wryly.

"Like you secretly don't think they are all brilliant." The swimmer shot him a superior look.

"Hardly, I'm–"

Puen's words were interrupted by the freshmen who came out of bedrooms in a zombie-like fashion, shuffling their feet, groaning loudly, and reposed themselves on the couches.

"You seem very refreshed today. Did you have a pleasant night?" Kluay played dumb, pretending not to notice their poor state, while the other sophomore got up from the sofa and brought two glasses of water and a couple of pills, and placed them without comment in front of both boys.

"P', that's an interesting hairstyle." Than bit back sarcastically and glared at the guy.

"You think? My new stylist got creative." He replied with a wink in his voice, not offended at all, and smiled fondly at Achi, leaving him thoroughly confused.

"One of those days I'll show you what I mean." He said to the musician cryptically, thinking about the video recording safely secured on his smartphone and Google drive. "Meanwhile, we've got to talk..."