At the Lake

Alice ♥

"Alice! Ali get your butt out of bed lazy!" Mom screams as she runs into my room "Friday is here! It's Friday! You are going to the lake in a few hours lazy moo! Get up! We need to finish packing!"

I look at her suspicious, could it really be Friday? I lean over and grab my phone from the dresser. "It is Friday!"

"No dip! Okay so I'm thinking you could wear a plaid button down and shorts today." Mom offers

"No way!" I reply astounded that she would say a button down. "How about a t-shirt?"

"I don't think so. We are putting you in something that will show off your curves. I've decided what we are going to put you in." Mom laughs, going into my closet.

I sit on my bed and wait for her. Asher's Dad and my Mom agreed that it would be awesome if the kids skip school today so we can have a longer time out at the lake full of fun and stuff. Since she is taking a while picking out the perfect outfit for me, I grab my phone off of my bed and text Asher.

"Hey!" I message him

"R U excited?" He replies quickly

"Yes!!" I type

"Are you done packing?" He says

"No, my mom wanted me to wait last minute to get a better adrenaline rush and also to waste time so I'm not all about the house whining about having to wait to go." I say

"Haha, that's cool. I'm so excited! We are gonna have so much fun!" I read his message

"I'm bringing my camera too." I say

"Awesome, sorry to let you go but I have to go finish packing too. See you in a few hours bae!"

He called me his 'bae'? Suddenly I am confused on what we even are. I don't think we are a couple, yet. I also don't think that we are friends. Who even knows? I wish someone could just tell me what to do in this whole situation to straighten it up.

Just as I am thinking such deep thoughts my mom comes out of my closet with a pair of high waist and a purple shirt with green details to tuck into them. She also hands me a green hair ribbon to put my hair up with. I go change into the outfit and take a shower.

Once I'm done I blow dry my hair and push it up into a bun then I tie the ribbon around my head so the bow is facing the top of my head. I have to admit, I look pretty. After my hair I put on some waterproof eyeliner and mascara and then some of the  dark auburn lipstick.

I go out into my room and then head to my closet to see Mom has a couple of outfits for me to choose from. One is a pair of jeans with a tank top but I quickly nix that one. I end up choosing one with a pair of tan shorts and a V-neck shirt that says Love on the front of it. Mom picked out a bathing suit for me last Monday when I first asked her if I could go.

It's a bikini so I hate it. It is a seafoam green color and it's very simple. The top looks like a band of fabric that they twisted once to create a cool crisscross style in the front. It has an attatchable halter strap too. The bottoms are nothing special.

I shove the monstrosity into my suitcase along with a cover up so I can shield my scars better. I also throw in an extra pair of clothes and then start on the makeup. It takes me about an hour to finish packing but then I am just one hour closer to being with Asher and his family.

I clean my room and straighten up the house but no matter what I just can't seem to waste enough time. That is why it seems like ages when the doorbell rings, revealing Asher. Asher and I are going to take my Jeep since all five of us plus our suitcases won't fit in his Dad's car. That also means that Asher will be driving again. I don't think he minds that as much as he pretends to.