➳one

Holly’s POV

Screams... Sreams... Screams... Screams... Those we’re echoes I hear every night, the sound was comforting and soothing—reminding me of what I’ am.

The sky is overflowing with darkness and the small bits of a low-density cloud of dust and gas combined together—the howling of dogs and wolves throughout the forests and the ear-splitting yet relaxing sound of screaming.

“Holly, are you ready yet?” The voice of my long time partner, Zayn, ricochet itself through the midst of my mind.

“Wait!” I replied, before grabbing the leather jacket that was lying on top of my duvet and hastily sprint out of my room to the wooden floor of our living room.

“It’s a big night tonight, Holl” Zayn reminded me.

Zayn and I have been partners for about 118 years of my existence and each year we bring someone back and turn him/her into a vampire—only if she/he is willing to. And if not we have no choice apart from slaughter them. And tonight will be that night.

Tonight is the night where folks all around the city celebrate the coming of Halloween, where every human being dresses themselves as any creature they desire, and also the feast of their Hero, Paul Higgings, who was said to be the killer of vampires and wolves at the old century but for us—Vampires and Wolves—it’s just a myth, none of us heard of the name ‘Paul Higgins’ he was just a decoy who wants the attention of the people around him and in my living I believed that no human has ever killed a vampire or wolf aside from the demons.

You may see in movies that Wolves and Vampires are known to be rivals but frankly it was just an anecdote. Vampires and Wolves are a team, a team of bloodsuckers either it’s from a human or an animal both of us are far from different except that they can change into an animal as we vampires stayed in our human form.

“It’s just the same night as ever” My mouth quirked into a smirk, the thought of sucking dry a weak human being brings ecstasy to my body.

“I’m ready!!!” Belle shrieked, Belle was one of the persons who we turned into a blood sucker, she was turned by Zayn. As a human she was very thrilled to be turned into one of us, she voiced ‘I’d rather be some parasite than living in a world that is unwarranted’

We never knew anything from her past, despite from the fact that she grew up in an orphanage and was adopted by strict and self-centred parents. And we never attempt to ask her for the reason like we are intruding her past or something. She is like a little sister to me.

Belle is one hell of a blood sucker if I say so myself, she would suck the life out of a human in a brief second without compassion, she may be sweet to us but to humans she isn’t because we—I and Zayn—do not compete with the people we turned instead we treat them like family, each human we turned has a gloomy and brutal past that we never knew about despite that even if we have the power to, we chose not to use it for something that we don’t want to experience or encroach.

“I’m ready too!” says Luke, he was as well one of the humans we turned and was my ex boyfriend. I was the one who turned him from the moment I saw him at the club, from the day after I turned him I choose to take care of him until he felt better and soon things just ember between us. But all of that soon fade away when one of Zayn sucked entered our house.

“And I’m 100% ready!” And the voice of the devil speaks, Celeste, the person who stole Luke from me, from second she stepped inside the house, I despised her for the way she looked at Luke—bold and fearless, and when her eyes met mine—envy, irritation, and appalled. She’s somewhat a newborn vampire; she was only about 2 years old. And honestly the motive she decided to be a vampire is because of Luke which caused a smirk on her face.