Chapter 33

Over the last couple days, Donnie and Hannah had watched a scary movie at her house every night, the movies they have watched being "Psycho," "Halloween," "Disturbia," and "It." Out of the last four nights, Donnie had agreed to staying for three of them, Hannah asking him to stay twice while he offered to stay the night they watched "Disturbia."

Now, with Hallween being two days away, Hannah and Donnie were helping both of their families get prepared for the trick-or-treaters that were soon to come by going out and stocking up on some halloween candy, along with a few last minute decorations, such as fake tombstones, and a "Happy Halloween" banner that was requested by Mrs. Jensen. The two had also been asked to get some food ingredient items that would be used to make some creative Halloween-themed foods and drinks - mainly halloween-themed cookies and other deserts, some snacks to munch on, and some festive green goblin-like punch that Hannah's mother liked to call Goblin Juice.

As they roamed through the store isles together, looking around at all the candy, festive decorations hung throughout the store, and all the purchaseable decorations neatly set on the store shelves, Hannah and Donnie smiled to themselves. "Kat told me that she's throwing a Halloween party that starts at 10 o'clock on Halloween night. And that she wants it to be a costume party type of thing." Hannah informed the boy pushing the shopping cart beside her. "A costume party?" Donnie questioned with a small smile. Hannah nodded in reply. "That sounds like fun, but we don't have any costumes." Donnie pointed out. "Yet. We don't have any costumes yet." Hannah corrected him. "After we get the stuff we need, how about we drop it off at my house and you and I can go down to that new annual Halloween Express place that just opened recently?" She suggested. Donnie thought about the idea for a few seconds as the two turned and walked down another isle. "Ok. Sounds like fun." He said, agreeing to his girlfriend's idea. "Great! Looks like we have everything we need now, so let's go pay for this stuff and head home." Hannah said excitedly after putting the last thing they needed into the decently filled cart. Donnie chuckled to himself at her excitement as he pushed the shopping cart, following close behind her towards the shortest checkout line.

Once they finally paid for everything, loaded the grocery bags into the car, and took them home to drop them off at Hannah's house - leaving the banner in the car to give to Mrs. Jensen later - the couple got back into the car again and drove off, heading for the recently opened Halloween themed store.

Once they found an open parking spot and parked the car, Donnie and Hannah walked towards the large building together and walked inside, the two teens glanced around in awe at all of the different Halloween decorations, motion censored objects that sprung to life whenever someone walked in front of them, and the large variety of costumes, hats, glasses, capes, fake weapons and masks that were in sight.

After roaming the many isles of various full costume choices, Hannah and Donnie came across two costumes that made them both smile at each other, knowing that they were both thinking the same thing. "I'm guessing we're thinking the same thing." Donnie said jokingly with a warm smile, making Hannah chuckle a little as she nodded. "I think so too." She replied as the two took the costumes off of the racks that they were hanging from and went over to pay for them. As they set the two items down on the small black counter, the cashier - dressed in a pair of jeans and a simple orange t-shirt with the store logo placed on the left side of the chest - smiled at them. "Two classic costume choices." The young woman - possibly mid 20s - complimented with a bright, cheery smile. "I'm guessing you two are a couple?" She asked kindly as she rung up the two items. Hannah and Donnie both nodded in response to her correct guess of them being a couple. "Well, have fun, and happy Halloween." The woman said as she handed the receipt and correct amount of change to Donnie and handed the shopping bag to Hannah before the two smiled and left, giving a "happy Halloween" response back to the nice cashier before walking out of the store.

"Well, that was fun. I'm glad we found some costumes for Kat's party. Especially at that really cool store." Donnie said as the two climbed into Hannah's car, Hannah nodding in agreement with him before starting the car and making her way out of the parking lot to drive home.

Once Donnie and Hannah entered the girl's house, they could instantly smell the sweet, hard-to-miss aroma of freshly baked cookies coming from the kitchen. "Wow, Mrs. Baker. Those cookies smell really good. I bet they would taste even better." Donnie complemented as he and Hannah entered the kitchen, seeing Hannah's mom cleaning up the kitchen a little bit. "Thanks, Donnie. Why don't you see for yourself and try one?" She asked with a smile as she lightly pushed the plate of fresh-out-of-the-oven, halloween-themed decorated cookies towards the two teens. Looking over the batch at the cookies decorated with bats, ghosts, skeletons, pumpkins, and haunted houses, Donnie picked up a warm cookie that was decorated with a ghost. Biting into it, he smiled in delight while he savored the delicious flavor as the chocolate chips melted in his mouth. "I was right. These definitely taste better than they smell." He said with a bright, chocolaty smile after finishing off the rest of his ghost-decorated chocolate chip cookie and taking a napkin to wipe his mouth. Hannah's mom smiled gratefully at the boy as Hannah took a cookie as well, quickly agreeing with Donnie about how good they tasted, making it a point to compliment her mom on how good they looked decoration-wise as well, to which Donnie agreed with her.

Later on, after everyone had dinner, Donnie being invited to have dinner with Hannah and her parents, the two teens settled close together on the couch with the main lights off - the moonlight shining through the windows - and a small lamp light on here and there as they prepared to start their next scary movie - one that Donnie had picked - "The Visit" in an almost-completely-dark living room. As the movie started, Donnie glaced over at his girlfriend and he gently placed his arm around her shoulders, causing the girl to instinctively lean into him as she got more comfortable and smiled up at him, lightly kissing him on the lips and making him noticably blush before turning back to the movie.