Passed Away. (Part Six.)

12/08/09

So yesterday was Mike's birthday. Hannah, Cameron, Amy, myself and several other people I didn't know all decided to go to the city with him. We had our little groups. Cameron, Hannah and three others; Jade, Tiffany and Robert all hung out in one group while the others followed around Mike. The first half of the day was pretty neat. Cameron and I were too immersed in each other to even notice the others. We talked quietly to ourselves and laughed at random weird looking people on the street. Everything was just so surreal.

Jade and I got along really well. I'd met her once before when Cameron introduced her to me. He didn't like her, but I wasn't going to judge her based on what he said. I gave her a chance. She was really friendly. I could tell we were going to be really good friends. She was nothing like me at all which gave us even more stuff to talk about I think. Around lunch time Cameron kept getting all these text messages and kept looking around every were. I thought maybe he was just looking around for someone he was supposed to be meeting up with.

At one point during the day he told me he was going for a walk. I asked if he wanted me to come along and he told me that it was fine, just to stay and hang out with the others. He seemed really edgy and I thought he really didn't want me to go with him so I hung back with the others. Hannah noticed how worried I was about Cameron and came over to reassure me that everything was fine. She seemed really tired, I hadn't really noticed earlier that day because I was just so caught up being around Cameron.

"Are you alright Hannah? You just seem really...well tired?"

She covered it all up with a smile and waved her arms around in a gesture as to say it was nothing.

"I'm fine. Just haven't been sleeping properly these past few days."

I knew exactly how that felt and I didn't like it happening to her. I imagined her staying up all night like me tossing and turning with so many thoughts on my mind. I wondered what kept her awake. She'd probably never experienced anything so dark like I had in my past. So she didn't have to toss and turn and think about mirrors with blood red writing on them. Or the kids in high school who found out about Nathaniel's death and decided to write 'I'll be back for you Elise.' with red lipstick on the mirrors in all the girls bathrooms. I bet she didn't have the many things haunting her like I did. Or maybe she was just so well at hiding her past like me that she did. Maybe she had an even darker past than myself. I reminded myself that she did say it had only happened in the last few days and tried to think of anything that might have happened during these times. Nothing came to mind though.

"What's been keeping you up?" I asked curiously.

Her lips drew into a tight line and she looked really angry for a second, then she quickly formed herself again and said "Just a boy and his stupid problems."

"Well we all know boys equal problems." Jade laughed overhearing our conversation.

"It's so true." I laughed back.

Robert the boy in our group I didn't know announced he was hungry. So we made our way to Hungry Jacks. He was about my height and had short layered blonde hair. He'd look like a surfer if he didn't prowl around in tight skinny jeans and a black transformers shirt. He was really funny, always coming up with jokes and daring people in our group to do crazy things. Robert was really energetic and had no shame at all that's what made him so interesting as a person.

As we made our way past Subway I saw a tall skinny figure with medium long brown and blonde hair and ran towards the figure I knew was Cameron. I'd wondered where he'd run off to all this time and was relieved to finally have found him. A couple of feet away from him, I stopped dead in my tracks. There were arms around his waist. Pink fingernail painted arms. I took a few more steps closer and saw a short, tanned, brown eyed girl hugging him.