052

ONE DAY TILL FORMER WEDDING DAY

there's always one bad egg in the bunch, and boy does it stink when you find them.

"open up, as management of the company romantique we have the right to call the police if you do not release the man in your house."

"leave me alone, he's my boyfriend!"

"ma'am this is considered a kidnapping if the man is inside your house against his will. open the door or we'll have to call the police."

it took some time but the woman eventually complied. she released hansol after much coaxing and appealing to her more reasonable side. eventually you'd have to send the charges for attempted kidnapping and refusing to follow company guidelines.

still at least no one was hurt, and by now hansol found it almost second nature to get held against his will every now and again.
you couldn't help but get a tad suspicious and wonder if it was a kink of his.

"alright you're free to talk to her," one of the managers points out and you nod.

this was one of those sorta annoying parts of the job, the heartbreak. sometimes clients don't want to return a boyfriend and go to extremes to keep them for themselves.  you were sort of like a doctor for these people. you tried to ease the pain and show sympathy towards them so they'd feel let's hostile and be able to move on with their lives.

sometimes it was easy, and sometimes you just had to lay down the cold truth for the more stubborn types.

"ma'am we understand that you love him but boyfriend's are just fiction. he was never cheating on you because he was never yours exclusively. at the end of the day as much as we hate to break the magical aura of the entire exchange we need you to understand that his feelings toward you aren't real."

"but it felt so real," she was sobbing now, face bloating from the tears as she suddenly grabs you and cries on your shoulder, leaving a wet spot that made you feel uneasy and icky.

"I know it did, I know how easily you can forget that they're a business and actually end up falling for them because they get you so well and..."

you drift off, now staring into blank space.
that knot was in your stomach and you felt like you were going to throw up.

quickly you shake off the feeling and smile fondly at the young woman."everything will be okay..trust me."