19

Get out the way, now be touched
Watch carefully
So rumors can spread far

-Bebey
a week and a month ago

Minhyuk was spread on the table at the cafeteria. The guards allowed us to bring him there and with some help from Kihyun, I managed to lay him down there.

His lip was bruised and blood had been dripping from it since the last few minutes, while I sticked band aids onto every single scratch on his face and shoulders. Kihyun was quietly sitting on the bench next to us, watching me how I carefully sticked the small pieces of elastic plastic onto Minhyuk's bruised face.

Minhyuk groaned slightly when I touched his shoulder and stomach, but his skin already turned blue from the punches Shownu threw at those areas. Kihyun helped me wrap a cloth around his shoulder to keep it in place if something was broken, while Minhyuk had placed his other arm over his eyes, hissing angrily.

"It was a trick!", he sighed. "After Azura was already angry they should have brought us both to an office and we could steal the keys. Now Shownu is alone there!"

I rolled my eyes at his cursing and kept on sticking band aids onto his bare skin. "Why didn't you tell me then? I thought we were friends?", I shouted back at him, unlike my usual behavior and Kihyun looked at the both of us for a moment.

"I'll leave you to talk", the red haired said, before he quickly left the cafeteria.

Minhyuk sat up in the meantime, grabbed my wrist and pulled it away from his upper body, before he threw on one of the white tanktops again.

"Your penalty is probably only two months or something like that? Why would you mind breaking out if you can go back to your little friends soon anyways?", he hissed, his hand still tightly holding onto my wrist.

My body still hurt, especially my left temple, where Azura had hit me the most times, but nothing hurt as much as him mentioning the friends, who's funeral I couldn't even attend.

"My penalty is a lifetime, Minhyuk!", I shouted, turning my sadness into anger so I didn't had to cry in front of him. I already cried enough!

"What?", was all that left Minhyuk's lips. He shook his head slightly and blinked at me a few times. "My penalty is a lifetime, but what could a small girl like you do to get such a penalty? I bet your case was already closed before you entered this building!"

I shrieked at every word he spit out and silently looked to the floor.

I'm a monster, Minhyuk, don't you see?

I was shaking, when he was finally done with screaming at me and when I wanted to speak up, I couldn't help myself but sob.

"See! I can't even state the facts, you are already crying", he sighed, before his grip around my wrist softened. Instead of my hand he suddenly held onto my chin, his grip wasn't tight but more over soft. He slowly lifted my chin up, which made me look at him.

"I'm sorry", he said, honesty glittering in his eyes as he seemingly regretted shouting at me. "I don't know why you are here and I can't believe you ever did something bad, but if you try so badly to get out that you even tried to seduce Wonho, you must have done something bad, right?"

He looked at me with his dark eyes and when I looked away without moving my head he leaned into the direction I trailed my eyes to.