Chapter 3 - Cyber Duel

3.3.1---------------------------------------------

The White Throne. Though this throne symbolized the empowered reign and ruler of Natural Earth, it was greatly known several decades ago as the Last Throne of the White King. As this throne was said to be the sacred seat of the Eight True King during the time of humanity's last stand against the beast called the Millennium Dragon.

And the king currently sitting on this throne was Deon Ambrosia, right hand of the White King, conqueror of Olympus Realm, king of new Tokyo and ruler of Natural Earth.

However, right in front of the throne was two witches, old and young, with the old witch, Catherina Waterhouse, greeting her king.

"It's been a long time, Deon..."

"Oh! Catherina-chan! Long time no see! Didn't know you'll be the one who will bring a young witch here! Hahaha! You look ugly as usual!" laughed Deon.

"Don't laugh you old fool! That's not the reason why I'm here!" the old witch scolded.

"So you're the young witch Alice-chan, eh? Nice meeting you! Our kingdom's spellscasters is quite lacking so we need some assistance! Just tell me if you need something."

"I-It's an owner serving the king and the conqueror of Olympus Realm!" bowed Alice.

But even before the young witch Alice her words to her new King, the old witch slammed her wooden rod on the floor.

"Oi Deon! What the hell are your family doing?! One after another, they're committing several taboos that its giving me chills on my skin!"

"Umm, Catherina-sama, is it really alright to talk to our king like that?" the young witch expressed her concern.

"Catherina-chan, don't tell me you're still going on about that?" asked the king.

"Deon, your level of ignorance really pisses me off!"

Catherina Waterhouse had a straight-faced the moment they entered the White Palace. She then raised her rod and instantly, the red crystal on its tip shone, lighting the throne room entirely.

"This is..." reacted Deon.

A white, luminous light started forming in front of the dark witch. It slowly materialized, forming a thick, hardened book of spell, possessing metallic chains that greatly took Deon Ambrosia's attention.

So this is the Life Grimoire. First time I've seen it. thought Deon. A grimoire created by a sorcerer from the Old Crystal Kingdom and can only be used by the best spell caster in the world. Pretty much the reason why Old Man True King choose Catherina-chan as our guide back then.

"I've been constantly studying and monitoring a lot of people since the Old Man True King sealed the Millennium Dragon. And this is my result."

The chains of the floating grimoire started moving, unchaining and unlocking the sealed grimoire. It then turned pages of its own, displaying its contents.

[Life Grimoire List:]

Deon Ambrosia: 600

Drake Grayrose: 600

Roger Wolvenstone: 600

Catherina Waterhouse: 500

Allen Ambrosia: 590

Haley Ambrosia: 40

"Hmmm? What's this list all about?"

"A list of people in this kingdom who violated the Laws of the Cyber Abyss."

"Huh?"

"The Cyber Abyss is the one maintaining the universe's natural order. Space, time, objects, forms, species, all of that are controlled and manipulated by the Cyber Abyss. These numbers indicated the overall impact a person had done violating the said natural order. Reaching 1000 or more would mean..." stated Catherina. "...Mother Death will once again rise."

"Hahahahaha! Mother Death! Hahahahaha! And to think I'm planning to visit some comedy bars tonight! Thanks for conserving my money! Hahahaha!"

The dark witch was already trembling, clenching her fist as an old friend was mocking her face to face.

"You good for nothing, lazy, ugly, smelly, psycho vagabond!"

Ah... Catherina-sama lost it... whispered Alice.

"Why the hell are you like this?! Are you really a king?! Did you know that Drake's kingdom got destroyed because of your own stupidity! Even the last war of this kingdom was all your fault! And now, your entire family are inheriting all of your dumb brain cells that I'm thinking it would be better if you just didn't exist at all! What the hell is Allen talking about destroying Cyber Abyss?! And I'm receiving reports from Bernard that Haley created a summon seal that's full of flaws and she already abandoned the project! In fact, that girl is always abandoning every single thing after another! You aren't even putting enough effort at stopping your granddaughter from committing the same mistakes her father did! I already told you for thousands of times that Mother Death is the reason why your son, Hiro, is dead!"

Hearing the name of his son, Deon Ambrosia closed his eyes and exhaled for a moment before setting his eyes on the dark witch.

"Hiro's death has nothing to do with that..."

"You can say whatever you want. However, I'm not just going to sit here and watch everyone around me get killed." stated the dark witch. "I'll not let the death of Old Man True King and Hiro happened to someone else again! Come, Alice! We're leaving this palace!"

Catherina Waterhouse didn't waste any more time and lifted her rod once again, this time creating a bluish-white circular portal.

But before they could enter the portal, Deon had some finals words for his old companion.

"Catherina-chan, if your speculations are true, then... Mother Death was probably on this kingdom right now!"

The dark witch did hear Deon's words, but the king didn't even get a slight response from the witch.

"Tsk! I'll probably do need to visit some comedy bars tonight..."

------------

Please don't forget to vote and comment if you like my story. It really motivates me to write more. And if you find some errors and plot holes, don't hesitate to leave a comment. ^_^