Chapter 4 - Part 2

3.4.2---------------------------------------------

It was March 19 year 2524. Just days after the incident in Goldmoor was reported, hundreds of guild members had already started their campaign against the beasts that was never been seen before. In a city that was conquered and became the territorial lands of beast unknown to mankind, four adventurers gathered to reclaim the lost lands.

Led by their guild master Lizette Highwind, the Crescent Eagles embarked on a journey beyond their past experiences.

But even before the four set their foot beyond their camp, even before they stepped on the gates of Goldmoor City, the peaceful, silent tone of the camp vanished.

"HEEEEEEELP!"

"SOMEBODY SAVE US! PLEASE!"

Sprinting their legs and feet as if their life was depending on it, six people were seen running away from the city. From the weapon equipment they had, Lizette already figured out the obvious. They were a guild themselves, 5 males and a female, drenched in their own sweat and looked like there were all barely hanging on.

"ANYONE! PLEASE!"

The cat-eyed girl the glanced at her feet. Sensing an odd sensation from the ground, she felt a weak vibration as the group was running towards the camp.

"Hmmm..."

The closer the fleeing group got, the stronger the vibrations occurred. And the more Lizette analyzed their situation, the more troublesome it became.

"Camella!" called Lizette. "Inform the higher ups about giant beasts possible raiding our camp right now! Felicia, regroup with other guilds for defending the main camp. Leo and I will stall the beasts!"

And it didn't take long until the whole camp learned their consequences.

[ ATTENTION RAID PARTICIPANTS! ATTENTION RAID PARTICIPANTS! UNIDENTIFIED BEASTS COMING FROM THE NORTH GATE! UNIDENTIFIED BEASTS COMING FROM THE NORTH GATE! BRACE FOR IMPEDING BATTLE! BRACE FOR IMPEDING BATTLE! ]

With Lizette and Leo already at the frontlines, they were the ones who got a good look at the stampeding beast.

"Run faster! They're closing at you!" yelled Lizette.

At first, all the two could see were a moving storm of dust at the back of the fleeing guild. Then, a loud, trumpeting sound echoed, coming from the storm of dust.

"Could it be...?" asked Leo.

Lizette and Leo saw a huge limb, twice as thick as their own body. At its two sides were a pair of white tusks, elongated upwards.

"It's in your book, Lizette-san! A Ghost Mammoth!"

Lizette Highwind didn't waste any time and close her eyes at the same time she raised both her hands in prayer form. With a bright smoke escaping the cat-eyed girl's body, six strands of golden mana magically stretched from the girl to the fleeing guild.

"!"

She opened her eyes, expecting the fleeing group within her range. Each strand of Golden Mana further elongated its tip, tying itself around the waists of the fleeing guild, quickly pulling them from the own range of the beasts.

"Amazing! What an excellent mana control!" said a guild participant near Lizette.

"This is not the time for that! Is there anyone who can use earth-type skills here?!" yelled Lizette.

Asking for help, no one responded. Raid participants already at the Main Camp's North Gate were obviously expected to take action, at least to stall the beasts until backups arrived.