Rebel 5

"What happened, Byeollie? Your face doesn't look friendly." JiHye asked her friend. EunByeol had a scowl on her face and it indeed didn't look friendly, but it didn't scare her friend. Not one bit. It even amused her. And although EunByeol always looked like she is always pissed off at everything and everyone, she had never seen her this pissed.

"It's nothing." EunByeol muttered, her scowl slowly and unconsciously turning into a pout as she gently smashed her face against her desk. She grunted from recalling the events that happened earlier during lunch.

JiHye went back to her seat - which is just right beside EunByeol - when their English teacher arrived with his usual poker face. EunByeol didn't mind the entrance of her teacher and kept her face down on to the table, and JiHye thought that it was fun to mess around with her.

"Are you sure nothing's wrong, hm?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Really?~"

"Really."

"Come on, something must've pissed you off. Or should I say, someone? Hmm... Lemme guess, it's that 'Min' guy, isn't it?"

"...S-shut up."

JiHye smirked, seeing as EunByeol's ears turned red, one thing that happens when she's flustered.

EunByeol finally snapped and was about to scold her friend, but was stopped when she inspected the classroom and all eyes were on them. Even their teacher! Secretly, she pinched JiHye who was very much focused on nudging her sides, completely oblivious to what was happening until EunByeol narrowed her eyes at her.

"Miss Kang and Miss Song, it seems to the whole class that you're having a rather fun conversation. Care to share it to us?" Their English teacher, which is Mr. Jung, said sternly, eyeing them as if they were criminals.

"Oh, we were just, uhm," JiHye stuttered for an answer.

"We were just talking about how enjoyable it is to learn the English language," EunByeol answered with the fakest smile she could ever muster, "along with how informative your teaching is."

Mr. Jung stared at them for a little longer, not believing EunByeol's words. Seeing as nothing will happen if he argued for such a small thing, he sighed and gave up. "Alright, fine, but please try to still pay attention to the discussion."

The two simultaneously shouted a 'yes' before simultaneously opening their notebook as well.

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

For the nth time, EunByeol grunted as she kept her face shoved against the pillows. There had just been another student council meeting that lasted for one and a half hour, but for EunByeol, it was like for eternity. She was thankful that the secretary, which was also her friend, was there to keep her sanity and boredom.

Plus, now that she got home, she remembered about the party, which will be in three hours. She wondered, what will she do there? It'll just be filled with adults (who she doesn't even know, mind you) who'll try and give her advice about life that she could care less about, and what's worse is that JiHye wasn't going to be there! Oh, how she wished she could decline, but her parents won't agree to that.

"Did they just suddenly think, 'oh, my daughter has been really unsocial. I better take her to a party where there's no teens her age and assume that my clients will bring their children and then she'll make plenty of friends!'," she groaned, staring at the fancy dress she'll be wearing for tonight, "I hate how I will waste lots of my precious time in that party, when I could be sleeping! Or playing with JiHye on arcades!", "That's very unlikely of you, young lady." A voice suddenly spoke, startling EunByeol and causing her to shot up and sit straight up from her bed.