Chapter 15

I'm back! sorry, I've been side tracked lately... so I may not post often because of school ending soon. Btw, things are getting.. interesting  soon.

Marshall's POV

"I miss you..." Ashley said.

"I miss you too.. but I only have 5 more shows left, then I can see you."

"Okay..." she sighed.  "When you get back, do you want to go... you know, on a date?"

I smiled at the thought, "Yeah, that sounds great."

"Well, I'm glad your first show went well. I have go to bed tho."

"Okay. Sleep well. I love you," I told her, making a kissy sound. I heard her laugh. I love it whenever she laughed.

"Love you too." she said hanging up the phone.

*Two days later*

"Thank you LA!" I walked off the stage. One of the staff members handed me a bottle of water. I grabbed a second bottle for Denaun as he walked by. "Here ya go, man."

"Thanks Em. Great job tonight. You killed it," he said before taking a drink of his water.

"Aye, you did great too, man."

"Thanks.. Wanna grab a bite or somethin'?" He asked.

"Nah, I think I'm gonna head back to the hotel." I glanced at my watch; 12:43.

"Alright man. Well sleep tight!" he smirked as he walked away.

"Maybe tomorrow tho Porter!" I laughed as I walked to the doors out back. Fans crowded everywhere trying to get to me,comical signs everywhere.. I realized I never got used to it. One of the security guards got me to the car safely, and he began to the hotel.

--

I got to my room at about 1:30. I took a shower and changed into my sweat pants and a plain t-shirt. I grabbed my phone and sent a text to Ashley.

"Hey Ash. Sorry its so late. You're probably already asleep, but I just wanted to say the show went well and I only have three more shows left now. Call me in the morning if you can. I wanna talk to you. Love you babe. <3"

Send.

I don't care how cheesy it seemed. It told the truth. I love her. And I know she loves me back. I played the phone down on the night stand. I closed my eyes and dreamed of what was in store for Friday.

--

I woke up at 8 and went for a jog. I got back to the hotel room and saw there was no response from Ashley. I glanced at the clock and saw it was only 8:41. 'Its still early...'  I thought. I went and took a shower, putting on jeans, a black T-shirt. I ordered breakfast from room service, which probably isn't breakfast to most people. 8 minutes later a bellhop arrived with a smoothie and strawberries. I honestly didn't care. But fuck it, it sounded good.

I sat down on the couch and turned the TV to SportsCenter. I checked my phone.. still no reply. I wasn't worried though. It was only 10. But yet.. back in Toledo it was 1 pm already... I think she may have had to work today though.

The sound of my phone ringing broke my thought process. It was Paul.

"What Paul?" I asked.

"Well someone sounds happy.." Paul retorted.

"Sorry man. It's just that Ashley hasn't responded to me yet.." I admitted.

"Someone sounds worried..." Paul laughed.

"Fuck you, man.. what did you call about?"

"Only stating the obvious. And soundcheck starts in an hour. Need a ride?"

"Yeah.." I said, "What time I gotta be ready?"

"Give me thirty minutes.. I'll be there."

"Alright man. See ya then." I hung up.

--

In the middle of sound check, one of the people backstage brought me my phone.

"Its been getting calls for the past twenty minutes," the woman told me.

I unlocked it and saw it was Alexa that had been calling me. There was even a text. "Call me ASAP"

I dialed her number. I paced as it rang...and rang... and rang... until she finally picked up.

"Marshall??" Alexa asked.

"Yeah. You called me. What's going on?"

"Ashley's in the hospital!"

I stopped pacing, "W-What?"

I heard her sobbing, "I made it into town last night to surprise her, and I went over to check on her this morning and she was in a puddle of blood. There was a knife beside her and the lock on her door was broken off. She's in the ICU."

I put my back against the wall and slid to the floor. I felt a tear fall down my face. "W...what has the doctors said?"

"She's in surgery right now. Police are saying the lock broken was force entry. Doctors are saying she has a concussion, but that's all they're telling me!"

"Calm down... I'll... I'll tell Paul and try to be out there as soon as I can.."

"Okay. Be safe, Marshall. I'll keep you updated."

"Thank you..." I hung up and wiped my face.

"Paul!" I shouted. I didn't know where he was, but he would hear me. "Paul!"

"What?!" He shouted back, running over to me. "Marshall, what's wrong? I haven't seen you cry since DeShaun."

"Ashley is in the hospital. I guess something happened last night and someone broke in. I have to get to her."

Paul rubbed his head. "Em..."

"I'm NOT taking no for an answer."

"What about the show?"

"Post pone it, give free t-shirts out... I don't care at this point. I know the fans are gonna be devastated... " I took a deep breath, "Give them all new free tickets, and free t-shirts. Tell them I'm sorry but something very important happened."

"And take that much of a loss?" Paul asked.

"I don't fucking care right now. I'll pay it outta pocket if I have to! I'm going to go see Ashley if we reschedule or not! I'm sorry but that's the truth." I turned around and walked out of the backstage door. The show was still 3 hours away, so not many fans were there yet, and I hid my face... no one even noticed.

I got in the car and drove off to the airport. I dialed the phone in the car to the pilot.

"This is Marcus. How may I help you Mr.Mathers?"

"Marcus, get the plane ready. We're going to Toledo."

****

A/N: So... sorry for not posting in so long. and DUN DUN DUNHow did you react to this chapter?

-Liv AkA Stans19946