Chapter 19 (THE END)

Ashley's POV

*One year later*

As I walked up to the cemetery... I could feel the remorse deep inside. Why hadn't I made my apology sooner? It was too late now. Nothing could change what had happened. I walked up to her grave and laid the flowers down. Why had I been such a dumbass? I pushed away is excuses and apologies.. when I had been pushing away mine.

I knelt onto the stiff dirt and pulled a note out of my pocket.

I’m sorry. I wish I would’ve accepted your apology sooner. I wish I would’ve just accepted you back into our family and truly felt one of your hugs once again. I miss being your little girl. I don’t know why I left you when you needed my help the most. I truly am sorry ma. Truly. I’ll always be your little Noelle. I love you Mama. Don’t worry about me up there. I got a good man taking care of me. You probably saw it from that theater in the sky. And don’t worry, I’ll start visiting more often. –Ash. Noelle Mathers”

A tear fell and landed on the note after I read it. I laid the note under the flowers and got up.

“I’ll never forget you Mama… never…” I covered my face and began sobbing into my hands. I feel warm arms wrap around me and a head lay on my shoulder.

“It’s gonna be okay. She knows her daughter did good,” Marshall kissed me on the forehead.

“Yeah.. I guess she did, didn’t she?” I smiled at him.

~

We walked down the street to a park and sat under a tree.

“Does it feel like a little over a year ago I asked you to be my girlfriend? And now you’re my fiancée?” Marshall asked.

“I thought this place was familiar…” I commented. I stood up and looked around the tree. I spotted my original ‘Noelle Stevens♥’ and spotted the ‘Will U B my GF A?’ Marshall had put.

“Remember this?” I asked him.

He smirked, “Wow… I can’t believe that stayed.”

I laughed. “Well my name from 2006 is still there!” We just sat there laughing.

“Well my bad! It’s not my fault I didn’t graduate school! Oh wait.. it is.”

We sat there and laughed until sunset, and decided it was time to go home. Sunsets seemed to be our thing. The color reminded us of fire.. its strong glows and wisps of oranges and reds.. We drove home and went to bed. Tomorrow was going to be the most important day of our lives. November 31st.

Our wedding day.

The End.

**Yes the story is finished! And kind of a sad ending if you think about all of it. I really appreiciate you guys for staying with this story since I’ve created it. Love you guys. Another story is yet to come!**