IX

It's amazing. How is it possible? I step forward to take a closer look, and slip down the hill. There's a boy a the bottom of the hill, he doesn't look particularly friendly.

"who are you? What are you doing here?" The boy asks firmly.

"My name is-

now is the time I could change my name. Not boring old Sadie anymore. What could it be? Sdie? Di? No not them.

"- who are you and what are you doing here?" The boy asks again.

I pause and then say after a while.

"My name, is Blade." I say (sorry about the name I couldn't decide) .

"I fell down the hole in the catacombs."

The boy stops. He looks at me and then smiles a small smile. Then he grabs my hand.

"Come with me!" He says dragging me along a path. I follow him cautiously, taking in my new surroundings. The people here are different from up above. They can move things with their eyes, touch things and turn them to stone. Everything out of the fairy tales, the abilities that they possess, just like in the books. The boy turns down into a street of houses and stops at the one furthest away from me. He beckons me to come and once I am with him again he knocks on the door. A young woman opens the door.

"Will what have you done this time?" The woman says and sighs.

"It's happened ma! It's happened! The time has come! Look!" Will says excitedly, pointing at me. The woman stares for a minute at me, then she says

"Our lord has blessed my family, for bringing us this fortune!"

I didn't quite understand but Will and his mum looked ecstatic.

"You'd better come in" she says. I don't understand. Maybe will will explain. But for now I will shut up.