XVII

The heat on my back wakes me up, Everyone else is still asleep, Dasiaa's snoring again and Evie's sleep talking. I get up and decide to stretch my legs a little before we set out to find breakfast. I walk to the edge of the cavern and look at the aftermath of the once great city. I can honestly say, the destruction of the city chilled me to the bone. The city is in utter ruins. A few people are still walking about here and there, most picking up rubbish and parts of rubble. I can't believe that someone would destroy this city - I mean like it was isolated from the rest of the world, what's it got to offer? Who would destroy thousands of people's homes. Wills' home.  A bird chirps and it lands on my shoulder.

'Looks like you're the only one who survived this ordeal. ' I say . (yes she's talking to a bird)

the bird chirps and sort of smiles. I smile back. I have a little friend now, I shall call him Sealion and he shall be mine. The bird smiles at me, my companion now. He seems to like the name Sealion, I'm glad.

Evie stirs.

'F^^k she says.

Evie has a great attitude to life.

'C'mon, get up lets get breakfast for them' I say encouragingly

Evie grunts at me. 'If you want breakfast and to go out in the cold again and fight for food - I ain't doing the hunger games again. ''

'Fine. You go sulk on your own and I'll go and fight for survival,'

I run outside, It's freezing. I climb up a nearby ridge and see a unoccupied farm, with a whoooooole load of cattle- I'm sure the people won't mind if I pinch a few cows and possibly sheep.

I tie a rope around 10 sheep and 12 cows (6 babies) and set off down the hill and squeeze through the narrow ridge with the cattle - somehow. When I get back Evie's there with a ,finally, awake Will and Dasiaa.

'Where is my breakfast?!' Dasiaa moans. Urgh. you'd think she'd grasped the desperateness of the situation here.

'And my golden plate and robes?! I want I want I want I - '

'Well forgive me your 'royal highness' but this right here is your breakfast.' I say entering the cavern.

They all turn round and stare at the cows and sheep, who are completely oblivious about their fate.

Sadie, please congratulate yourself on your excellent job.