รɛѵɛɳ

There's a sandwich on the night stand. Courtesy of Rose. They aren't exactly on speaking terms at the moment. Harry's still trying to figure things out and Rose doesn't know what to even say anymore. He feels awful and he only wants Rose, but that's obviously out of the question. For now.

There's just something about the way she makes him feel. The way she cares for him. The way she touches him. It's his own personal addiction and now that it's gone, he's going crazy. He's sitting in solemn silence all alone and he hates it. He wishes he could just tell her, but he doesn't want to drive her away. But it seems like it's too late for that.

Wiping at his eyes, he stares down at his phone a taps on her contact. "H"? He sniffs once and Rose just knows. Choking out a sob, he breaks her heart. "I need you". "Oh, baby. I'm on my way home". "I'm sorry". "Sorry? Harry what did you do"? "I don't know what's wrong with me". "Harry. Are you hurt"? "No. I'm just stupid". "You aren't stupid". "I am. I can't ever do anything right". It's heart breaking. He hasn't cried like this since he got suspended. "I'm almost there. Talk to me". "I-I just wanted everything to be perfect but it's not. I keep messing up". "What did you mess up"? "Us". Cooing, she tries to bring him down from his pity party. "H. We're fine. You didn't mess us up". "But I did". Sighing, Rose walks into the room and gives him a sympathetic frown. "Baby". Rushing to her, he cries into her shoulder as he picks her up.

She lets him cry until he can't anymore. There's so much he just needed to get out. She understands. He's confused and scared and has no idea what to think. "Talk to me, H". Burying his face further into the crook of her neck, he shakes his head. "You won't want me anymore". "Why do you think that? Is it because you liked being called Princess or is it because you want to be treated like one"? Looking up at her, he's shocked. "How did you know that"? Smiling, she wipes away his tears. "I just did. Will you let me try something"? Nodding, he sets her back on the bed and watches as she goes into her closet. This is already going way better than they both expected. When she comes back, there's a big shirt in her hands. Though he's scared, he lets her take off his clothes and replace them with the oversized silk. "Is that better"? "Yeah".

Sitting next to him, she sets her hand in his and attempts to make him feel better. "You don't have to be afraid of this, H". Shaking his head, he pulls away from her. "It's not right". "Says who? It's just clothes. You can wear anything you'd like as long as it makes you feel confident. If wearing my clothes does that, then wear them all if you'd like". "People are going to make fun of me". "It's no one's business. As long as you feel good about yourself, what other people think doesn't matter. Not everyone in this world is going to like you, and that's okay. As long as you love yourself, to hell with what people think". Wiping away his tears, she gives him a small smile and opens her arms for him to fall into.

It's nice. Having someone to hold him like this. No. Having Rose. There's not another pair of arms in this world that he'd rather be in. "Can we please cuddle"? "Yes. But eat first. You didn't even bother with your sandwich". "I'm not really in the mood right now. Can we just lay here instead? Please"? Nodding, she kisses his head. "Okay. We can do that".

Laying him down, she spoons him from behind and litters kisses up and down his neck. "I like when you kiss me". "What else do you like"? "I like when we cuddle and you rub my tummy. Sometimes you play with my hair. I really like that". "What else"? "I like it when you hold me. It makes he feel safe. Not that I feel in danger or anything. I don't. I don't think safe was the right word to use-". "H. Relax. I know what you meant". She always does. "I like when we cuddle and you watch SpongeBob with me. I know you don't like it, but you watch it for me anyway. I really like when we watch cartoons all day when it rains. You cuddle and kiss me all over and massage my back. It's really really nice. I love that you're just so good to me. I love-".

He almost said it. He almost let it slip. "I love that you're a really good cook. You make me amazing food". "The pleasure is all mine. Babysitting you has by far been my favorite experience". "You like it better than being a chef"? "Yeah. If I had a choice, I would lie in bed with you all day everyday. We would cuddle and play. Everyday would be something new". "Will we ever have that"? Will they? They could be together for forever or end things in three days. "Maybe one day. Only time will tell".

After lying about until dark, Rose orders in the most amazing food she can think of. A finger food spread fit for royalty. "What's with the feast?", Harry asks as his arms encase Rose's waist. Shrugging, Rose looks up at him with a smile. "Figured we should have a nice night". "No complaints from me". Just as he leans in to kiss her, Rose's phone begins to ring. He's getting real sick of hearing classical music. Sighing at his anger, Rose holds the neck line of his new silk shirt. "Harry-". "Don't", he says defeated as he takes her hand from his shirt. "Just take the call".

It isn't that he's mad. It's more of a lingering disappointment. He thought that he would have all this time to have fun and be with Rose for hours on end. Now that his fantasy is broken, what's the point in even trying to pretend? He has one day left before school and as much as he wants to spend it with Rose, he knows he won't.

"Harry. Baby, I'm so sorry. I have to go for just a bit". Shaking his head, he goes back to their room and slams the door behind him. So much for a nice night.

As Rose takes her leave, Harry begins to fester. Why can't things be the way he imagined? Why did she have to get a new job? Why did his parents have to get him a babysitter in the first place? Why can't he just spend the rest of his life with her? Wiping at his angry tears, he hides his face in the pillow and closes his eyes. He can't let Rose see him like this. He'll regress if she does and that's the last thing he wants.

By the time Rose gets back home, Harry is asleep in their bed and completely oblivious of her presence. Sliding in behind him, she kisses his head. "I wish I could give you everything and more, H. One day, I will. I know it's frustrating now, but all I ask is that you don't give up on us. Please be patient".

As he curls into her side, she begins to feel hopeful. Maybe he won't be mad in the morning.. Maybe... but she knows better.