Dog Park Part 2

"Come on, we're going to be late for my date...I mean your date.." You called out to your dog, who was currently snoozing away in his bed. You looked in the mirror, fixing your beanie and making sure you looked decent. You took a deep breath, snatching his collar and leash off the counter.
    You couldn't stop thinking about Mark since you two left last night. There were butterflies in your stomach and you couldn't stop smiling to yourself. You called to your dog again, hearing his claws click against the tile floor.
    "Eager are we? Hot date tonight?" You teased to your dog, ruffling your dog's ears before opening the door. The air was chillier than yesterday, the clouds gray and bland. You zipped up your jacket, seeing your breath come out in white puffs of air. You kept a tight grip on your dog as you began your walk to the dog park.
    Your dog trotted happily beside you as you walked down the street. You were craving some hot coffee right about now and was hoping Mark didn't forget about his promise of caffeine. After a few more minutes of walking, you entered the park.
    Few people were here today, only a few families and couples. You walked to the same bench as last time, unlatching your dog's leash and letting him play. He tore off towards the grass, rolling around and barking. You chuckled, shoving your hands deep in your pockets.
    You must've dazed off because suddenly you could hear Mark's laughter coming through to you. You blinked, looking around to see Mark on the ground with your dog on top of him. You gasped and started laughing, seeing your dog lick all over Mark's face. Two cups of coffee lay safely out of the way on the sidewalk. Mark continued laughing as he petted the dog and gave him some love.
    Chica started barking and ran over to you where you gladly gave her some kisses and scratches. Mark managed to stand up and make his way over to you. His smile was beaming and the tip of his nose was a little red. You smiled back at him as he handed you the warm cup. You wrapped your fingers around it and drank greedily.
    "Morning, beautiful." You stopped in mid drink to glance over as he sat down and grinned. He froze, his smile dropping as he realized what he just said. His cheeks flushed and he shot you a sheepish grin.
    "Wow, that sounded so cocky. I am so so-"
    "Morning, handsome." You muttered, smiling and looking down at your coffee. He chuckled and leaned back into the bench, watching the two dogs play again. You watched the leaves start falling towards the grass, the world around you bursting with new colors.
    "I love Fall, so much." You sighed, looking around and smiling faintly at the scenery. Mark watched you, smiling as well as he scooted closer. He sipped away at his coffee, starting off a casual conversation. As usual, people and time seemed to pass effortlessly. Your coffee was soon gone but you still held it in your hands to relish the warmth.
    Chica and your dog were taking a break in the grass, both laying next to each other and occasionally grunting. You noticed your dog would lick Chica from time to time, both of their tails wagging.
    "I ship it." You both said at the same time, referring to the two dogs. You both looked at each other and burst out laughing. You set your cup down and rubbed your hands together, shivering a little. Mark noticed and seemed to hesitate before raising his arm.
    "Cold?"
    "Eh, a little. Seems like my jacket isn't warm enough for days like these." You chuckled, rubbing your arms. He pursed his lips before waiting a few moment to wrap an arm around your shoulders. You instantly blushed and leaned into his side, looking down at the ground.
    "Well, luckily, I am like a human heater. I shall give you my warmth." He stated, giving you his crooked smiles. You felt your heart race as you nodded and thanked him, trying not to notice how close his hand was to yours.
    "With how adorable Chica is, you must be reigning in all the ladies, all the time." You joked, nudging him in the ribs. He laughed and shook his head, shrugging his shoulders.
    "If she does then I don't really notice. Although, yesterday I did." He said, wriggling his eyebrows. You giggled and slapped his arm, rolling your eyes. You two talked some more until Chica came up with a ball in her mouth. He stood up, your shoulders now feeling cold again. He grabbed the ball and ran out, playing with Chica and your dog. You watched with a smile, unable to look away.
    He was so sweet, kind, handsome, funny, he was amazing. As he threw the ball the twentieth time, it ended up going down the sidewalk. Chica and Mark both went running for it, your dog too lazy to chase after it. You walked over to your dog, kneeling down and rubbing its belly. After a few minutes you heard the padding of Chica's feet.
   When you looked over, Mark was walking slowly, taking his time. He looked nervous but had a smile on his face. As Chica went to lick your face, you saw something tied around her collar. You untied it, seeing it was a note. You gave Mark a confused look but he just smirked. You unfolded it, seeing the rushed and sloppy handwriting of Mark.
    "You're as beautiful as the changing leaves in the fall and as radiant as the sun in the summer. Your eyes leave me speechless and your smile takes me breath away. Before I get too cheesy and ruin everything..will you go on a date with me?"
    You look up to see Mark staring at the ground and kicking at the dead leaves. You bit your lip, your cheeks hurting from smiling so hard. You stand up quietly, holding the note in your hands. You walked up to Mark, cocking your head and smiling.
    He looked up, his black hair falling in his brown eyes. You reach up and push them away,  your eyes beaming with excitement. He started smiling too, flickering his eyes down to the note.
    "Looks like even Chica wants us to go on a date..how ironic." He said, shrugging and raising his eyebrows. You chuckled, wrapping your arms around his neck and softly pressing a kiss against his warm cheek. You pulled away, seeing the shocked look on his face. He stuttered and blushed, trying to say something. You leaned closer, inches from his lips.
    "Wait..I think I missed." He looked confused for a moment before you grabbed both sides of his face and pushed your lips on his. The kiss was slow and sweet, savoring every moment. Just as you started to kiss him, Chica leaned over and pressed her wet nose against your dog's nose.
    Mark grabbed your waist and kissed you back, his lips moving slowly against yours. Before your lungs could burst, Chica and your dog jumped up to break up the kiss. Mark grinned evilly and pulled you down to the ground before covering you in leaves. You shrieked and shoved leaves in his face as you two rolled around.
    The two other dogs were barking and running around you two like crazy, kicking up dirt and leaves. You rolled over on top of him, hair in your face and leaves stuck in your face. You were both breathless and endlessly giggling at each other. Mark reached up and tucked your hair behind your ear and grinned.
    "So, was that a yes?" He asked. You smiled and leaned close, grazing your lips against his. He leaned up to kiss you but you shoved a handful of leaves down his shirt before jumping up and running away. He snorted and chased after you, the two dogs running as well.
    "That's a definite yes! NOW, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN AND ILL MAKE IT TWO DATES!"
    "Ooohh, you are SO going down!"