Leah

Hi, English yung story na ito kasi requirement siya for our Humanities subject. Eto talaga yung original version nung story bago ko i-revise para ipasa sa prof namin. Enjoy :)

---

Tick tock, tick tock goes the clock of Leah before she's awoken by its noisy ringing.

It's time for her to prepare herself in the morning. Wake up Leah!

She sighs and heads to the bathroom. She looks at the mirror placed on the wall, her eyes were red, heavy and drooping, still sleepy from what happened last night. Oh, what did she do last night? She told me that she worked really hard that her eyes kept sweating until she fell asleep.

My eyes never sweat. Why would hers sweat? Should I tell her to approach a doctor?

Oh, I forgot, she loves taking baths. One time, she locked herself in the bathroom and took a really long bath. However, I needed to use the bathroom that time so I opened the bathroom door to find her whole body submerged in the water. She's really a sleeper. I do not want to wake her up but I have to use the shower or else I'm going to be late for class. And so, I woke her up during her slumber and then she gasped for air. I thought she was drowning but she said that she fell asleep, she was really tired last night.

Aren't hours in bed enough for her to be not sleepy? I haven't even felt what she felt at all!

Moving on, she goes downstairs for breakfast. She gets an orange bottle that contains small, white, pills. She takes a handful of them and swallows them all without hesitation. I asked her what are the pills for, she told me that it's vitamins so that she'd feel really energized before she starts to work. I asked her if I could get some while opening the bottle but she aggressively took the bottle away from me. She told me that I would not need it because I already feel fine.

She sits right in front of me as I finish this bowl of oatmeal. I noticed that she was shaking. I asked her if she's feeling well, she told me it's the effect of the vitamins, that it would wash away soon. But I do not believe her, she tells me that she'll prepare the car as she's going to take me to school. I refused though. I told her to rest instead because she's not feeling well. She almost cried when I said that and here I am, in her arms. She's hugging me tightly.

I let out a giggle. She's got a soft spot when I tell her to rest instead, and take care of herself. I asked her why she's crying whenever I say that to her. She told me that she loves me and that's a valid reason, I think.

I gently removed her tightly wrapped arms around me and told her I'm going to be late for school if I do not walk now. I kissed her on her cheek and she nods while I head out the door. She gives me a final wave before she turns around and goes upstairs.

Hours of learning passed and I'm on my way to our house. School has been fun and exhausting at the same time. I hurried as I walked home because I have a lot of stories to tell Leah. On Kaden bringing his pet frog for show-and-tell, Liezl bringing her homemade apple pie that we all shared during recess, Ms. Hunter telling us the story on how she missed the school bus again, and a lot more. I couldn't wait to see Leah!

I arrived home and the house has been weirdly quiet. Usually, Leah's in the kitchen, baking some pastries for us to share but there's no one in the kitchen. Hmm, it's just me and Leah in this house, where could she be?

She's probably in the office, doing her work again. I asked her what kind of work was she doing. She told me she cuts paper. That's really weird, right? Why do people have jobs like cutting paper? I tell her that her job is weird and she just laughs it off.