N i n e t e e n

Make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed this chapter and give my account a follow for updates on when I will be publishing chapters, news and information on what is happening around here!

"Society pushes us to pour out our beauty and uniqueness, so they can burn us alive for being different." - R.M Drake

Minutes enclosed tightly in a pair of arms was enough for the whole world and everything bad to be trapped outside the bubble of comfort the two of us has chose to be inside together, broken inside. Sharing his misunderstood and broken heart with someone else, and that somebody being myself. It was a feeling of loneliness I had came to feel over the years that had passed by, a feeling that nobody could possibly understand no matter what way you explained it to them, their eyes would always see it in a completely new way to how you saw and felt. But somehow, I could understand him.

The tears that fell swiftly from his eyes, carelessly and without a second thought, were tears I knew very well. Bottled emotions coming out all at once, instantly and without a warning.

"God, I'm such a mess," he sniffled as he finally left the tight embrace and wiped the remaining tears that had stained on his face, removing any sign of the broken hearted Fletcher I had truly seen today. The one that clearly not a lot of people have had the chance to meet, to be revealed to the vulnerable side of him.

His hand falls to his hair which he messily sweeps back and drops his hands to his sides before letting out a forced chuckle and mumbling under his breath, "Men shouldn't even cry, that's what he told me. I need to get my shit together, huh?"

I shake my head vigorously in disagreement as my sympathetic eyes meet his watery brown orbs that shone with intense mystery. "Crying doesn't make you weak, Fletch. A person who cries is a person who cares," I state, determined to believe what I am saying yet the tone of my voice clearly contradicts my words since Fletcher's face morphs into an expression of despair and disappointment, most probably in himself, I think?

If you're going to say such a declarative statement , Adelaine, you have to believe your own words and say it like you mean it, my mind whispers, for once being helpful rather than off putting.

I nod to myself before coughing and beginning again, this time, my mind seems to voice out what my heart had been begging for me to see and understand for so long, something which took a while for me to get into my head.

"You want to go outside rather than sitting in here?" I question, beginning to back out of my initial plans deciding these seemed far more suitable. He gives me a simple nod before the two of us begin to walk, side by side, silence encircling us as we made our way to the top. Quite literally the top.