Chapter 4

Chapter Four

"Top of the morning to ya," Laurence said as he tipped his imaginary hat at me when I got off the bus.

"Dude, I've told you about this. Stop with the hat thing, it's creepy." I said as I laughed a little.

"You'd miss it if I stopped." I rolled my eyes and continued walking into school.

When we got to the tree where we all sit and hung out we saw Kier was already there. Once he noticed us he waved with a lazy grin on his face.

"What the hell are you doing here before us? We all know that you're really not a morning person." Laurence said as we approached him.

"Mum got annoyed at me and practically dragged me out of bed because apparently I'm not getting here early enough" he told us sheepishly. Laurence looked at me then we burst out laughing. It was about time Kier's mum did something because never in his life before today has he shown up early. "Okay guys, it's not that funny," he wined and crossed his arms over his chest, pouting like a child.

Laurence apologized and we sat down waiting for the others to arrive. When everyone got to school we started talking about the Avengers and who we liked best.

"Thor totally beats the Hulk, he has an awesome hammer!" Luke exclaimed.

"But Iron Man though," Drew countered. Then Kier chipped in,

"Guys we all know that Loki is the best."

"But Iron Man though," Drew repeated.

"Dude, Loki is nowhere near Captain America!" Laurence anounced.

"But Iron Man though."

"Captain America? Man, I thought you had better taste."

"But Iron Man though."

"Drew, we get it. You like Iron Man!" Luke shouted.

"What on earth gave you that impression?" He said sweetly with an adorable smile spread on his face.

"Whatever, Loki still crushes everyone else," Kier told us.

"But Iron Man though." Everyone looked at me all of them glaring apart from Drew.

"Really Shane?" Luke asked with an eyebrow raised.

"He is the best." To that Drew smiled while everyone else just shook their heads in disbelief. We decided that it was best to agree to disagree as the bell went to signal the start of first period.

Physics was fun because Drew kept trying to tell me that a girl in the front row had something in her hair, I pretended not to understand to which he got annoyed at. When he figured it out and flipped me off and stared sulking.

"Mr Woolnough, is there anything you'd like to add?" The teacher called out after he spotted Drew trying show me his best Hulk impression.

"No Sir," He spoke and then turned to smile at me.

"Were you even listening? What am I trying to explain to most of the class who don't understand?" The teacher challenged expecting Drew not to have listened or at least not understand what was going on.

"Well," he state "I can tell you that in Hooke's Law in order to calculate the amount of force something has you need to do the calculation of the spring constant times the extension and that the bigger the spring constant the stronger the spring." Drew said confidently.

"I believe that was what happened last lesson, this lesson we are calculating the amount of power an object has. If you listened you would have known that." He said before turning back to write on the board.

On our way to Art we met up with Luke and Kier, Drew was ranting to them about how our physics teacher was a number of bad words that insulted everything about him, from this mum to the size of his penis. They both laughed at the ridiculous thing he was saying and seemed happy, genuinely happy. As we walked I let my mind wonder to the events that were going to happen in Arindale. I was scared. I didn't know what was going to happen or how many of us would come back. I don't think I could cope if someone didn't comeback, but what if they were bitten? I would have to cut off their head and watch what little life they had left leave their eyes.

"Earth to Shane," Laurence sang as he clicked his fingers in front of my eyes. Hang on, he always meets us in the art room. I look around and see all if my friends surrounding me in the middle of the the art class room. Damn, I must have been pretty out of it.

"Hello, anyone home?" I blinked and realized that they were talking to me.

"Yeah," I rubbed my eyes a little. "Sorry, I was away with the fairies," I say and smiled at them.

I spent the next half hour drawing the bridge over the stream from memory, remembering every detail perfectly, making precise movement with the pencil.

"So, the little emo draws cute scenery as well." I hear someone say as I finish some of the detail on the rail. Great, I think as I realised James was stood behind me. "You know, it's not that bad for someone like you, someone who is not even classed as a human being." He spat in my ear then walked back over to where he was sat before.

"What was that about?" Luke said as he leaned on my shoulder.

"Nothing, he just wanted to see what I was drawing," I shrugged as the bell went.

The rest of school was uneventful and when I got home I was glad to be there. My head hurt, I had so much to think about, so much going around in my head. Half if it was silly school related things like how I had to do my Maths homework that was meant to be in for that day, but then there were other things like how James was being increasingly mean and the fact that the raid is getting ever closer.

I spent the night trying to distract myself from my own thoughts but not a lot seemed to work. Watching Lord Of The Rings worked for a total of 23 minutes, the internet and my laptop worked for about half an hour, whilst I ate I was distracted but as soon as I had finished talking to my mum and went back upstairs and everything hit me at once. I stared panicking, pacing from one side of my room to the other.

What if they die?

What if I die?

Will I still live my other life?

Will James keep tormenting me?

How many will come home?

How many wont?

How am I meant to remember the whole of the Limestone Cycle?

Where have I put my PE shorts?

What if we fail?

What if innocent people die because we didn't do what we were asked to do?

Crap, I have an English assesment.

Will children loose all they have?

Will a mother watch her son got to fight but never return?

Will I return to my mother?

I picked up the nearest thing and chucked it at the wall. Then I collapsed onto my bed and stared at the sealing until sleep finally took hold of me. It finally took me away from my madening thoughts an into a deep sleep.

Well, that was Chapter four, I hope you like it!

I know it's late and not as long as some og the others so I'm sorry

As always if you see any grammatical mistakes please let me know.

Remember to vote and comment to let me know what you think.

Ellie ^-^

PS. This chapter is dedicated to one of my favorite FVK fic writers.