Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven

All I seemed to be doing was asking questions, questions that I couldn't answer. These questions were bugging me because I couldn't ask them without me being labeled as insane and that really wouldn't of helped with the whole vampire thing. The main ones were about the voice. Who was it? How did they know the things they did? Was the voice real and if it was who have they told what? But surly they could not say things about me without them being labeled insane. So, I guess it wasn't just my sanity that was in question. See, now we're back to the whole question thing. It was getting annoying.

"Did you miss me?" Drew's voice sang out as he hurtled down the stairs and almost tripped over one of his shoe laces. I chuckled and walked over to the bars as my previous thought disappeared.

"Nah, you're a bit of an annoying twat really," I joked.

"Said the one who's currently locked up behind bars." He fought back and stuck his tongue out at me.

"Not by choice though, I bet your all lying to me and just got bored of me."

"Damn it, you figured it out," he said with fake disappointment and then sent a cheeky grin at me before putting what he was carrying down. "So, how you doing there?" I shrugged.

"Bored, there's not a lot I can do apart from over think and analyse everything." Drew sat on the floor next to the bowl. I guess he was going to stay for a while so I sat down and joined him, well kind of because of the bars.

"Meh, that sucks but I'm allowed to stay here for a bit. They figured that if you already worked it out then maybe we could like I don't know keep you you or something. So yeah we can talk whenever as long as there's someone by the door incase things of a bit iffy." He smiled at me. It was good to know that they weren't going to leave me alone anymore but it still kind of hurt that they didn't trust me.

"Oh okay, so who's by the door now then?"

"Kier's just in front of it but you can't see him from here," and he tried to move his head around in order to see him.

"Kemp!" I shouted up at him and a few moments later his little head popped round the door frame.

"Is everything okay guys?" He tried to ask seriously but the smile that was tugging at his lips didn't help.

"Yeah, we're fine. We were just trying to get a glimpse of your beautiful luscious locks of fiery redness," as I said it I put my hand on my heart and looked at him with mock admiration. He just shook him head and laughed.

"Even in this situation you two can still find a was to entertain yourselves," and then he went back to actually watching the door instead of talking to us.

"Timids unite!" Drew shouted as he threw his fist in the air and started laughing. It was infectious, you couldn't help but join in with his happiness and bubbly laugh.

We stayed like that for a while, just talking and laughing like nothing had ever happened, like I wasn't becoming a monster.

"Hey, do you know what the time is? I forgot my watch," and Drew pointed to his bare wrist.

"Yeah, hang on," I pulled on the worn chain of my watch to get it out if my pocket and into my hand. "The time is a quarter past three and the sun is high in the sky." Then I looked up and smiled, which he returned.

"What do you know about the sun, one you're locked in here and can't see it and two, you kind of can't go out in it anymore."

"Meh, it's overrated anyway but at least I don't risk serious punishment for smuggling objects to prisoners," he looked a little sheepish and shrugged his shoulders lightly.